We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Java/.NET Developer to join our team in Kingstowne, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
– Design, implement, and unit test application / system components
– Participate in product requirement and design reviews with product managers and other engineers.
– Develop time-estimates for work assignments.
– Develop light technical documentation, and support the QA, release, and production support processes.
– Work closely with the support teams to expeditiously resolve issues.
Experience and skills:
– Master’s Degree and minimum 10 years of experience or equivalent.
– Successful track record in the design, development, documenting and testing of web-based applications on large-scale software system
– Experience in Java Web Containers (TomcatJettyetc)
– Familiarity with IDEs such as : Eclipse or Rational Application Developer (RAD) or IntelliJ
– Experience utilizing various debugging tools and methodologies for debugging UI and components
– Experience ******* and/or Java development experience and knowledge:
– Strong OO design Experience with Webservices, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, XML, WSDL, JAXB patterns and concepts
– Experience developing web applications using C# and ******* MVC
– Eperience developing web applications using IIS, ASP, XML/XSLT, and SQL Server.
– Knowledge/Languages: IIS, *******, C#, .NET Framework, XML/XSLT, HTML, SQL Server.
– Experience developing SQL and/or PL/SQL queries, packages, and procedures.
– Working knowledge with RDBMS (Oracle), SQL
Preferred experience and skills:
– Experience with EDI/XML mapping transformation tools is a plus.
– Service Oriented Architecture design and development experience a plus
– Agile development experience a plus
– Demonstrated expertise in software engineering practices (e.g., reading/generating software specs, design patterns, continuous integration)
– Experience with application servers a plus (Websphere, Weblogic (preferable))
– Job Location – 5971 Kingstowne Village Parkway, Alexandria, VA. 22315
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world’s largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at **************.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 2018-4648
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. Contact Info
– 5971 Kingstowne Village Parkway
Alexandria, VA 22315
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.