Careers Center | Senior Java /.net Developer
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Senior Java /.net Developer
Job Locations US-VA-Alexandria
Req ID 2018-4301
Industry Federal Systems
Category Information Technology
Travel Percentage None
Summary / Description
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Java / .NET Developer to join our team in Alexandria, VA, to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Seeking a software developer with design and hands-on experience coding enterprise applications using multi-device, multi-platform development such as .net core, Java and Android platforms. Experience building rich Internet applications on modern technology stacks such as .net Core / Angular .etc. with experience hosting in public cloud environments such as AWS / Azure. Candidate must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment, yet independently able to research and propose technical solutions, deliver multiple assignments independently, and provide technical expertise/mentoring to other team members. Primary responsibilities will be researching, designing, prototyping, and supporting of testing, development and refactoring end-to-end applications on ever-changing modern technology platforms in public/hybrid cloud environments. Must be familiar with agile scrum methodology. Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential for this role.
– Multiple technology stacks (Java/. Net /COTS) application development experience.
– Solid understanding of applications architecture, backend services, communications protocols, Cloud Services, frameworks, etc.
– Strong object oriented programming experience to include backend APIs, web-services, and public/Hybrid cloud services applications.
– Dynamic web application development experience with large-scale transaction processing requirements.
– Experience working in an agile team environment using scrum methodology.
– Experience writing scripts using PowerShell, Putty.etc for Applications automation in Cloud.
– Ability to work with external teams for Infrastructure issues, network configuration, and applications hosting services.
– Experience in configuring Dev/Ops for applications in the Cloud
– Experience in Micro services/service oriented applications development
– Experience in Cloud environments setup including services, VMs, Load balancing, and auto scaling
– Experience in modeling architectures using Enterprise Architecture Tools.
– Experience with Docker and other Cloud enabling technologies
– Experience working with Cloud enabled IDEs/Tools such as VS, Eclipse, Putty, AWS CLIs, Azure SDK.etc.
– Experience in SQL Server / Oracle / My SQL / MangoDB.etc and DBMS
– Experience in working with AWS and/or Azure
– Experience in Tomcat, Apache, WebLogic, and IIS
– Master’s Degree and minimum 15 years of related experience or equivalent
– Candidate must be able to favorably pass government background investigation.
– U.S. Citizenship eligibility requirements
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world’s largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at **************.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Software Powered by iCIMS
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.