The Apple Media Products Engineering team is one of the most exciting examples of Apple’s long-held passion for combining art and technology. These are the people who power the App Store, Apple TV, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and Apple Books. And they do it on a massive scale, meeting Apple’s high expectations with high performance to deliver a huge variety of entertainment in over 35 languages to more than 150 countries.
These engineers build secure, end-to-end solutions. They develop the custom software used to process all the creative work, the tools that providers use to deliver that media, all the server-side systems, and the APIs for many Apple services. Thanks to Apple’s unique integration of hardware, software, and services, engineers here partner to get behind a single unified vision.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a professional programming position
- Expertise in Java and Java Enterprise technology applications architecture, design, development and support
- Experience with SQL, relational database systems, DB schema design and data access technologies
- Experience with search engines like SOLR or Elastic-search
- Experience with NoSQL databases like Cassandra or HBase
- Experience in building, orchestrating, and deploying highly scalable REST based stateless APIs/web services for web applications / mobile clients
- Familiarity with Hadoop or Spark is a plus
- Familiarity with Scala is a plus
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Have a belief in automation and tooling as a critical part of the software development lifecycle
- Love the idea of ownership and delivering amazing products
The Apple Media Product Content Tools Engineering Team is looking for a Senior Back End Software Engineer to build out new applications in order to support the fast paced growth of Apple Music, Books, and Podcast. We build sophisticated applications utilizing Java, Cassandra, Spark and other complex backend systems to drive this growth by creating tools for our content curation and operations teams. We are looking for a self starting, energetic individual who is not afraid to question assumptions and has excellent written and oral skills. We look for good team players who are able to tackle tough problems and deliver imaginative solutions. Does this sound like you? Join our exciting team!
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent work experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apple.com.