What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the ‘extra mile’ to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Product Engineer Development Engineer is responsible for executing the product engineering solution for a next-generation AMD Product. This position serves as the Product Engineering Manager’s second-in-command. This position requires engagement with Test, Design and Platform Engineering to drive optimization of yield and performance distributions, test costs and product quality for next-generation AMD products.
Role details include:
– Developing characterization and test coverage strategies
– Establishing pre-silicon pattern requirements and driving Design Verification deliveries
– Executing the defined characterization and test plans on new silicon
– Delivery of optimized test points and product definitions across PVT corners to meet business requirements.
– Driving debug and closure of all issues that arise post-silicon (process, yield, device)
– Driving yield and performance distribution improvements across wafer sort, final test, and SLT
Additionally, the Product Development Engineer is responsible for ensuring the defined product meets customer requirements and serves as one of the technical interfaces with the design, platform validation and business teams.
Years of experience and education:
Candidates will have a B.S. in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering plus 7 years of applicable experience or M.S. in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering plus 6 years of directly related experience.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate competency in or understanding of…
* Strong people management and communication skills
* Sound problem solving skills
* Statistical methods and tools for data analysis
* Semiconductor process, packaging and test technologies
* Semiconductor fabrication process optimization (direct experience in defining and validating a semiconductor device’s performance preferred)
* DFT features such as ATPG Scan, memory BIST, JTAG, and at speed testing
* Product characterization and test point optimization
* Effective communication and the ability to work with geographically distributed teams
* Ability to influence across organizational boundaries
Job Function: Product Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click for more information.
Nearest Major Market:
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.