Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
The Senior .NET Developer is part of a divisional IT team based in Rolling Meadows, IL. The team develops enterprise caliber software applications on the Microsoft platform. The team is led by managers with software development backgrounds and strives to use modern practices and technologies to develop enterprise software. There is a dynamic team environment that encourages collaboration among developers to make the whole team better.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs, prepares, designs, codes, tests, debugs, and maintains complex computer programs
- Under general direction, formulates and defines system scope and objectives
- Works with users to support business applications, and investigate operational problems/system requirements
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results
- Refines business requirements from which programs will be written
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs
- Responsible for completion of development projects
- Solves user inquiries that arise during day-to-day operation
- Regularly provides coaching, guidance and training to less-experienced analysts/programmers
- Develops business cases, requirements and performance metrics
- Participation in after-hours system related functions such as production support, conversions, upgrades, and implementations
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business
- 5 or more years related experience, including the following
- Development experience in C# and the .NET Framework 4.0 or beyond
- Third party controls such as Telerik or DevExpress
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops or TFS
- Relational database experience, including Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Stored Procedures, Functions, Views
- Experience with .NET Core, JSON, JQuery, RESTful web services, Microservices
- Experience with LINQ, Entity Framework, Web API
- Experience with automated unit testing and test-assisted development
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Azure experience including Service Bus Queue, Blob Storage, Logic Apps, Azure Monitor
- Understanding of systems development and project delivery life cycles
- Experience with common development design patterns such as Factory, Repository, Singleton, IOC, and Strategy
- Experience with Domain Driven Design
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Strong applications analysis and issue resolution (trouble shooting) skills
- Strong user and client relationship management skills
- Excellent written and oral communications with ability to work effectively and provide feedback to senior level managers and vendors
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to excel in fast paced, high demand environment
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities
- Proven ability to independently manage tasks and priorities, accurately estimate work and meet deadlines
- Commitment to quality and excellent customer service to end users
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Are you 18 years of age or older or can you demonstrate legal capacity to enter a contract?
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.