Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
Position Summary The Senior .Net Developer is part of a divisional IT team based in Rolling Meadows, IL for Gallagher Global Brokerage (GGB). The team develops enterprise caliber software applications on the Microsoft .NET platform. The team is led by managers with software development backgrounds and strives to use ground breaking practices and technologies to develop software the right way. Work with a diverse team that encourages partnership among developers to make the whole team better.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares, designs, codes, tests, debugs, and maintains sophisticated software solutions
- Under general direction, participates and formulates technical planning per system scope and objectives
- Works with users and team to support business applications, and investigate operational problems/system requirements
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve sophisticated problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results
- Adheres to industry standards for agile software development
- May be responsible for completion of a phase of a project
- Solves user inquiries that arise during day-to-day operation
- Regularly provides mentoring to team members of varying experience
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Proficiency to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Experience within the following core set of technologies:
- Development experience in C#, .NET, ASP.NET, Entity Framework, and ASP.NET MVC
- Proficient in OO design and common development design patterns such as factory, repository, singleton, inversion of control (IoC), and strategy
- Relational database experience, including Microsoft SQL Server
- Stored procedures, T-SQL, temp tables, transactions, database performance tuning
- Experience with Azure DevOps: repository (TFS/GIT), boards (track work), and pipelines (build solutions)
- Third party presentation controls such as Telerik
- Demonstrable ability to prioritize tasks, accurately estimate work and establish timelines.
- Strong applications analysis and issue resolution.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.