Careers | American Institutes for Research | Senior .Net Software Engineer
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Senior .Net Software Engineer
Job Location US-DC
Job ID 10291
Job Location United States
Be part of something innovative and cutting edge. Join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do. Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
– advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
– mobile support for the user interfaces
– learning management systems with social media features
– user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
– innovative, machine-scorable items The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry.
The Senior Software Engineer (.NET) will be an integral part of the software engineering and product development team within AIR. This group of professionals provide custom software solutions for our clients as well as internal support systems. Much of the work we perform is new development, so the right candidate will have the skills needed to perform full life-cycle software development. This includes participation in requirements gathering, application and database design, system documentation, writing and unit-testing efficient code, and deployment.
– B.S. and/or M.S. in Computer Science and 4 -10 years professional .NET software development experience
– SQL experience to include work with relational databases and writing SQL queries
– Solid understanding of object oriented (OO) analysis and design principles and demonstrated proficiency/expert knowledge in OO design
– Solid understanding of algorithms
– Self-starting, independent thinker and worker
– Excellent analytical skills
– Highly detail-oriented
– Good communication skills
– Ability to work well on a team as well as independently PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
– M.S. in Computer Science
– Training and experience in Artificial Intelligence
– SQL Server 2008 and Transact-SQL
– VB Script WP *LI-KS1
Position is located in Reston, VA
for this job online
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
on your newsfeed
Please note, each section of the application is required in order for you to be considered for this opportunity. If you do not complete the required screening questions, or if you close your browser before completing each section of the application, your application will not be submitted for this position. American Institutes for Research is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to excellence through diversity. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. American Institutes for Research’s commitment to Diversity goes beyond legal compliance to its full integration in our strategy, operations and work environment. Diversity is valued and Inclusion is reflected in all efforts to recruit, develop, and engage the diverse staff needed to accomplish our mission. ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to Erica Nicholson at ****************** or call ************.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.