Senior Network Engineer
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Skill Type:Service Delivery
Career Level:Mid to Senior Level
NWN is recognized as one of the top 16 Cisco partners in the U.S. and a leader in the IT services industry with many awards and elite certifications from Hewlett Packard, NetApp, EMC, Microsoft and VMware to name only a few. With over 600 employees in 12 locations across the U.S. the company is on a fast track to even greater success. If you’re a top performer looking for a new opportunity we want to talk to you!
NWN is looking for an Infrastructure Senior Network Engineer who will ensure a high performance, flexible, and cost effective IT Infrastructure networking environment that meets company’s business requirements Network Engineer is a key contributor to the design, build and operations of network services. This role will define and monitor network policies, architecture and standards. This position is responsible for designing, consulting, reviewing and approving network solutions; as well as, executing the implementation of projects, upgrades and continuous improvement for network services. The Senior Network Engineer will also drive the provision and maintenance of network services and drive analysis and the resolution of major network hardware and software incidents/problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
Sr. Network Engineer’s Responsibilities:
– Responsible for the all aspects of the company’s voice and data environments
– Perform Telecommunication related tasks to successfully implement IT initiatives based on corporate’s business plan.
– Implementing security best practices for all corporate networking equipment including firewalls, routers, switches, and telephone system.
– Work with Chief Information Security Officer to fully understand corporate risk and assist with the remediation of deficiencies
– Collaborate with IT Management and vendors to develop standards, architecture, and strategic plans
– Responsibilities include the design, build and ongoing support of the WAN, LAN, on premise voice and call center components.
– Oversee performance of all telecommunication providers including monitoring service level agreements and contracts.
– Partner with 3rd party outsourced engineers on projects and troubleshooting.
– Manage 3rd party outsourced engineers on day to day monitoring and performance of the data/voice networks and systems. Recommend/manage/implement projects that secure, maximize performance, and enhance the flexibility of the end to end networking environment.
– Proactive maintenance and monitoring for all IT Network related components. Ensure the company achieves 99.99% uptime
– Expert knowledge of Cisco, UCCX, and Call center components
– Manage expenses and pursue efficiency opportunities.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent years of experience and certifications
– Ten+ years Information Technology Infrastructure industry experience supporting LAN/WAN and Voice components enterprise environments
– Relevant industry certification, such as Cisco CCNP preferred
– Advanced knowledge with TCP IP protocols, including DNS, DHCP and associated toolsets
– Strong troubleshooting skills including the ability to handle complicated issues independently
– Commitment to continuous learning
– Routing: BGP, OSPF, with hands-on experience managing Enterprise WAN
– VPN- IPsec Tunnel, OpenVPN, MPLS VPN
– Experience with Cisco ASA, FirePower, Stealthwatch and ISE.
– Experience with Wireless (Cisco Meraki)
– Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with individuals across all areas and levels of the company.#LI-JL1
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.