This position is responsible for the application engineering of telecommunications outside plant in a local serving exchange environment. The responsibilities include planning and providing strategic guidance for OSP facility reinforcement for a geographical territory. Position is customer facing, and typically provides customer network solutions. Requires extensive OSP knowledge. Depended on to provide accurate budgetary OSP project estimates. Knowledge of approved Frontier Network Engineering systems/equipment is also required. First engineering contact for all high-bandwidth customer requests requiring facility augments or new builds. This position works as a team member with National Planning, Sales, Broadband/Transport, Construction and Operations to support the growth and upgrades of telecommunications plant facilities. This person provides frontline project management for all Ethernet activity associated with outside plant customer orders.
* Frontline project management for T1, DS3 and Ethernet orders
* Engineering design for outside plant
* Proactive review of outside plant facilities to determine necessary upgrades and enhancements
* Communicate with Sales and Capital Management on budgetary project resolution
* Coordinate with peer Engineers for project design and construction to resolve roadblocks
* Communicate with all peers and departments to insure proper project planning
* Maintain accurate cable records and updates
* Maintain and investigate ROWs and easements for releases
* Attend construction meetings Prepare project justifications for approvals
* Prepare loop studies as needed
* Prepare cost estimates for BDTs
* Update records according to As-Builts
* Digitize land base into GIS system
* Research and respond to Ethernet order activity for outside plant
10%Prepare and monitor the capital budget plan.
40%Engineer, design and prepare project narrative and routing for Ethernet orders.
30%Maintain inter-company relations to provide information needed by sales, project management, construction and operations for special projects.(pre-quals, BDT, boundary information, easement and ROW recording and service orders)
20%Project management oversight of all OSP capital construction activities to insure conformance to requirements.
Knowledge of outside plant activity and engineering tools to include CAD, Ethernet order systems, circuit design, organizational skills, communication skills (written and verbal) and customer relations will be utilized in achieving desired results. Experience in Ethernet circuit designs and order processing. Outside plant construction, project management experience, and inventory management experience a plus.
Education/Experience: B.S Engineering or equivalent preferred, or a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in an outside plant position. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge with heavy emphasis on outside plant design, cable count design, and capacities. Strong interpersonal skills are very important in discussions and meetings with Engineering team, regional managers, vendors, local supervisors and technicians.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.