Functional Area:IT – Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG is seeking a Senior Network Engineering leader to join the End User Network team to successfully deliver our 2019 Global Network Modernization Program.
This position will entail engineering and implementation of network infrastructure in AIGs Branch locations throughout the globe. The successful candidate will work with project managers, various technical groups, business units and third-party vendors to transform business requirements into scalable network solutions, assist with developing project budgets, timelines and implementation of network infrastructure. This role will include becoming a Subject Matter Expert for various network technologies and systems. The position is located in each of the four (4) regions and requires less than 10% travel.
– Extensive experience in large Branch Transformation Programs
– Ability to work with cross discipline project teams on complex, time sensitive projects
– Adept at managing multiple tasks and priorities
– Work with project managers, other technical disciplines, vendors and business units to transform business requirements into network solutions
– Develop SME level skill across various network technologies and systems
– Develop working knowledge as pertains to Branch Network technology, WAN, Wi-Fi, video, telephony and other IT disciplines
– Provide level three escalation support for network operations
– Performance improvement and optimization
– Automation development. Working closely with Tools team to identify and strategize on automation development and areas of possible improvement
– Compliance audits and reporting though automation
– Process analysis, advancement and development though team collaboration
– Change management enhancement through more rigorous implementation planning and documentation.
– Provide knowledge transfer and cross training for network engineering and operations staff
– Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
– Candidate must display knowledge in network sizing, QOS, NAC, CAC and COS traffic classifications.
– Technical areas of focus include but are not limited to WAN/MAN, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, Load Balancers, LAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, NAC, QoS, CAC, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, Multicast, NHRP, ATM, PPP, IPv4, IPv6, MPLS, ACL, VNP, Building Wireless/Wi-Fi solutions (802.xx) and carrier in-building wireless services (DAS) etc. Knowledge of Cable Systems a plus.
10+ years network engineering
Industry Certifications in CCDP, CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE are strongly preferred.
BS in Computer Science, MIS, Electrical Engineering or other technical discipline
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.