Posted Date 1 week ago(5/1/2018 1:05 PM)
Job ID 23197
# Positions 1
Position Type Full Time
Travel Percentage Up to 20%
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a ‘small company’ culture where your ideas will be heard with ‘big company’ expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
* Performs the installation, configuration, and operation of any new or existing network infrastructure device(s) and supporting software across the enterprise. Includes all LANs, WANs, wireless networks, servers, voice services, routers, switches, UPS’s, etc.
* Ensures proper network connectivity of all sites, servers, workstations, telephone equipment, fax machines and other network appliances.
* Troubleshoots network related problem areas and issues as needed to resolve operational issues and restore/optimize services. Minimal guidance is expected at this level.
* Proactively manage standards, topology documentation, configuration files, performance baselines and capacity planning roadmaps for network infrastructure.
* Monitors network performance in order to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future. Recommends changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
* Participate in Change Management regularly; to include being an active member of the Change Advisory Board (CAB).
* Maintain knowledge of networking related topics, including emerging technologies, industry best practices and regulatory/compliance related concerns.
* Participates in managing all network security solutions.
* Mentor lower level Engineers to provide hands-on training and find opportunities to foster team growth. Lead architecture evaluations and bring risks and decisions to management for decisions
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent educational and/or work experience
* Must have 10+ years supporting global enterprise network across data center, LAN and WAN technologies.
* Multiple successful implementations of (including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage and troubleshoot) Cisco routers and switches, Aruba Wireless Access Points, Avaya Telephony and F5 Load Balancers
* Expert level knowledge of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/authentication protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential.
* Additional areas of expertise in areas such as Avaya VoIP and Call Center management are desired.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organization.
* Strong experience working in cross-functional team.
* Hands-on experience with how to support repeatable, reliable and scalable network architectures with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection and disaster recovery.
* Proven ability to identify problems and develop recommendations to address. Proactively identifies and assesses improvement opportunities (efficiency gains, cost savings, etc.).
* Extensive experience designing, deploying and improving a network architecture.
* Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot infrastructure and application problems in a complex environment. Demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis.
* Ability to lead and mentor others in ITIL best practices and technology planning. Familiarity with formal change management processes, ITIL Certification and ITSM experience required.
* Demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and ability to adapt to new operating models and changing business requirements effectively.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.