Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry
means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group s member
companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500
company. We combine a ‘small company’ culture where your ideas will be
heard with ‘big company’ expertise to help you succeed. With over 30
specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial
services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
* Performs the installation, configuration, and operation of any new
or existing network infrastructure device(s) and supporting
software across the enterprise. Includes all LANs, WANs, wireless
networks, servers, voice services, routers, switches, UPS s, etc.
* Ensures proper network connectivity of all sites, servers,
workstations, telephone equipment, fax machines and other network
* Troubleshoots network related problem areas and issues as needed
to resolve operational issues and restore/optimize services.
Minimal guidance is expected at this level.
* Proactively manage standards, topology documentation,
configuration files, performance baselines and capacity planning
roadmaps for network infrastructure.
* Monitors network performance in order to determine whether
adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will
need to be made in the future. Recommends changes to improve
systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or
software requirements related to such changes.
* Participate in Change Management regularly; to include being an
active member of the Change Advisory Board (CAB).
* Maintain knowledge of networking related topics, including
emerging technologies, industry best practices and
regulatory/compliance related concerns.
* Participates in managing all network security solutions.
* Mentor lower level Engineers to provide hands-on training and find
opportunities to foster team growth. Lead architecture evaluations
and bring risks and decisions to management for decisions
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent educational
and/or work experience
* Must have 10+ years supporting global enterprise network across
data center, LAN and WAN technologies.
* Multiple successful implementations of (including the ability to
setup, configure, upgrade, manage and troubleshoot) Cisco routers
and switches, Aruba Wireless Access Points, Avaya Telephony and F5
* Expert level knowledge of transport protocols, routing protocols,
and security/authentication protocols at all layers of the OSI
model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential.
* Additional areas of expertise in areas such as Avaya VoIP and Call
Center management are desired.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels of
* Strong experience working in cross-functional team.
* Hands-on experience with how to support repeatable, reliable and
scalable network architectures with fault tolerance, performance
tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection and
* Proven ability to identify problems and develop recommendations to
address. Proactively identifies and assesses improvement
opportunities (efficiency gains, cost savings, etc.).
* Extensive experience designing, deploying and improving a network
* Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot infrastructure and
application problems in a complex environment. Demonstrated
ability to perform root cause analysis.
* Ability to lead and mentor others in ITIL best practices and
technology planning. Familiarity with formal change management
processes, ITIL Certification and ITSM experience required.
* Demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and ability to adapt
to new operating models and changing business requirements
for this job onlineShareRefer this job to a friendReferSorry
the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later.Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Build your career profile here to connect with us!
Software Powered by iCIMS
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.