Senior Network Engineer
Responsible for design, development, implementation, and analysis of voice and data communications networks. Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN and Telecommunications systems to design and install internal and external voice and data networks. Assists with the completion of large-scale network services engineering projects. Assists with engineering research and design.
– Designs and implements enterprise wide voice and data network projects; Prepares and maintains project implementations schedules
– Shared responsibility for architecture, design , and deployment of fault tolerant voice and data networks including disaster recovery
– Designs and maintains network management architecture for specific network and telecom components including event monitoring and alerting
– Configures and deploys network and telecom equipment in accordance with project implementation plan
– Performs activities required for timely completion of projects
– Troubleshoots, resolves, and documents all Tier III support calls as related to the LAN /WAN and Telecommunications
– Develops and documents plans to troubleshoot, diagnose, and test voice and data related issues
– Completes and publishes documentation as related to specific network services projects
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
– 3+ years of related experience.
– Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
– Experience with the design and implementation of enterprise wide network projects, including fault tolerant LAN/WAN/SANs and disaster recovery.
– Experience troubleshooting advanced LAN/WAN/SAN problems including issues that require interfacing with vendor TAC engineers.
– Experience developing standard documents for diagnosing and testing network related issues.
– Advanced experience publishing professional documentation as related to specific network projects.
– Ability to provide technical support to team members.
– Experience implementing advanced routing technologies and integration (ex. OSPF, Tunneling).
– Experience design and implementation of advanced switching technologies (ex. LLDP, MPLS).
– Experience with implementation and design of QoS and traffic prioritization. Experience supporting Storage networks, WAN acceleration, load-balancing and firewall technologies.
– Experience supporting multi-vendor technology solutions.
– Experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
– Cisco Certification CCNP, and Microsoft Certifications or equivalent experience.
– Cisco Certification CCIE and Microsoft Certifications MCSE preferred
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.