Senior Network Engineer
Job ID: ******
Company: : ********** Services, Inc.
Position Category: Operations, IT, & Support Engineering
We’re a company of pioneers. It’s our job to make bold bets and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than Amazon.
Amazon’s Fulfillment Technologies is seeking a pioneer to help build a world class support infrastructure for our fulfillment and transportation teams across the globe. Does providing creative, high impact solutions to complex technology problems motivate you? Amazon is looking for a Network Engineer with deep understanding of local area, wide area and wireless networking, scripting, multiple networking protocols, packet capture, security and monitoring to support the global Central Support.
Overview: This role is a member of the global Central Support group which is the initial point of contact for all technical issues in our fulfillment and transportation sites. Central Support is responsible for providing Tier 1 to Tier 3 support and technology implementations including server and network infrastructure, robotics, escalations and other specialized technical services. The support provided by this team will have global reach and support tens of thousands of Amazon employees. This team will serve as an escalation point for complex issues, optimization of services through the development of automation and remote support technologies. Success can measured by your ability to deep dive into complex issues and devise automated solutions to repeated problems. If you’re interested in a challenging position with a great company, the Sr. Network Engineer position might be for you.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
– Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
– In-depth knowledge of OSPF and BGP with experience administering these protocols in large, distributed network.
– In-depth knowledge of and experience with Cisco 28xx, 37xx, 38xx, 65xx, 73xx and 76xx series platforms.
– Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
– Experience deploying and maintaining wide area networks with emphasis on IPSec, VPN and MPLS transport and commonly used access technologies such as DS1/T1, E1, DS3, OC3, OC12 and Metro Ethernet.
– Deep understanding of TCP internals, especially across wide area networks.
– 5 or more years experience in a similar environment.
– Excellent communication and documentation skills.
– Candidates should also have had significant past experience with and expertise in many of the following protocols and technologies: 802.2/3, 802.1d VLANs/STP, IPv4, TCP (internals & flow control), BGP, OSPF, HSRP/GLBP, PIMv2, IGMP, LDP, TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, Netflow, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Multicast.
– A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
– Experience with enterprise 802.11 wireless networking is strongly desired as is experience with 3G/4G/WiMax.
– Experience designing wide area networks and datacenter installations utilizing L2 and L3 protocols is highly desired.
– Strong Unix skills and the ability to script in Perl, Python or shell is desirable.
– CCIE Lab and Written is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.