Requisition Number: SS-14202
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Brand/Division: Shared Services
Position Type: Full-time
About the team
You will be a part of the Network team that is responsible for the specification, buildout, and support of Williams-Sonoma’s networks.
The vision of the Data Networking team is to drive efficiency and innovation across the organization’s networks. The team drives efficiency by providing reliable, cost effective solutions to the organization’s data networking requirements. And, we drive innovation by continually exploring new solutions/technologies that improve performance and reliability. Our customer success is the foundation to the organization’s success and ability to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
We are a dynamic, fast-paced company with exciting growth opportunities. We value imagination, diversity, innovative thinking, and hard-working individuals.
About the role
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will design, build, deploy, and support a large, best in class enterprise level network.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you…
* Develop scalable network designs, solutions and policy standards working with other team members and neighboring engineering groups.
* Lead Capacity Planning and Performance Tuning efforts for Corporate, Stores, Ecommerce and Distribution Center locations across all domestic and international locations.
* Directly support wireless IDS/IPS systems in stores
* Train and mentor other network team members.
* Support tier 4 networking escalations that come to you.
* Gather, analyze and drive project requirements, design and implement multi-layer network architecture components.
* Document the network and ensure it is kept current.
* Communicate the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to internal Business and Project Stakeholders.
* Partner with a cross functional group of subject matter experts to design and execute your strategy.
* Be hands-on, working side by side with our people to get things done.
* Provide insightful data to guide decision making and offer proactive solutions.
* Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
* We’re a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
* A technologically and data-driven business
* Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
* We’re at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
* We’re passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
* We get to be creative on a daily basis
* A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
* We have fun!
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We’re excited about you because…
* You have a BS or MS in Computer Sciences, Engineering, or related field (an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered)
* You have 8+ years of experience as a network professional
* You have a CCNP or other equivalent industry certification
* You are a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
* Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken
Technical Competencies required:
* Deep understanding of numerous networking protocols such as OSPF, BGP, VRRP, DNS, DHCP, proxy functions, security protocols (IPSec, SSL, etc.), real-time protocols for voice (Skinny, SIP, H.323, MGCP), in addition to WAN communications protocols including MPLS, DWDM, OC carrier, BRI/PRI
* Experience with Extreme Wireless and ADSP.
* Hardware: Expertise in Cisco ASRs, Catalysts, Nexus 7/5/2k, F5 Load Balancers, Firewalls. Bonus for expertise in Infoblox and Riverbed technologies
* Familiarization with cloud/storage services
* Strong capabilities in authoring technical documentation including HLD/LLD/NIP
* Basic scripting skills in Python, Perl, iRules, TCL, Chef/Puppet or Go a plus
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the home. Our family of brands includes Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room, and even outdoor spaces. We’ve seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn’t changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. In 2017, we acquired Outward, Inc., a 3-D imaging and augmented reality platform for the home furnishings and dcor industry. Today, we’re a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing – and we’re always looking for new energy and ideas.
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits. Our corporate vision–to enhance our customers’ quality of life at home–extends to the lives of our associates. To that end, we offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here’s a look at what you might be eligible for:
* A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
* A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
* Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
* Health benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance; health and dependent care tax-free spending accounts; medical, family and bereavement leave; same-sex domestic partner benefits; short- and long-term disability programs; life and travel insurance; an employee assistance program
* Tax-free commuter benefits
* A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
* In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University, LearnIt and AcademyX
* Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
* Quarterly sample sales
* A business casual work environment
* A bike share program
* Time off to volunteer
* Matching donations to qualifying nonprofit organizations
* Company-sponsored walks and runs
* Healthy, organic options in the cafeteria and an awesome salad bar
* Discounts on nearby gyms and other local businesses
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Network, Retail Sales, Engineer, Network Engineer, Cisco, Technology, Retail, Engineering
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.