DescriptionThe Senior Platform Engineer role is responsible for contributing to the design, execution, and ongoing support of mission critical platforms that enable Streaming, Observability, Data & Analytics, and Developer Experience across the organization. Passionate and committed to collaborating to deliver highly scalable and redundant environment to drive our business objectives.
Delivery & Execution:
- Build and maintain systems, supporting millions of active users, with millions of daily API calls.
- Maintain uptime and uphold SLAs for the platform.
- Develop, modify, enhances and implement automation to support updates and patching.
- Monitor and troubleshoot moderate to complex platform quality issues.
- Lead or Assist in leading the implementation of security and advocate for data governance in the company.
- Ensure alignment to drive cross-platform consistency.
- Evaluate all High Availability elements for all platform capabilities.
- Eye towards reducing compute, bandwidth and storage costs.
- Understand CI/CD lifecycle.
Support & Enablement:
- Fields questions from other product teams or support teams
- Monitors tools and participates in conversations to encourage collaboration across product teams
- Provides platform support for software running in production
- Proactively monitors production Service Level Objectives for the platform
- Proactively reviews the Performance and Capacity of all aspects of production: code, infrastructure, data, and message processing
- Participates in learning activities around modern cloud architecture and design and development core practices (communities of practice)
- Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
- Reviews and discusses changes from more senior engineers to understand best practices and design patterns
- Increases business acumen by learning about other parts of the business
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of experience
- Experience in a Linux or Unix based environment
- Exposure to query optimization and troubleshooting
- Exposure to REST and effective web service design
- Exposure to a cloud computing platform and the associated automation patterns they provide
- Experience with Data and Analytics platforms.
- Experience with Agile Development and knowledge on Agile Deployment tools and versioning using Git or similar tools
- Experience with observability and monitoring platforms.
- Experience with modern web application frameworks and tools such as Spring boot/UML/Struts/Spring
- Understanding of streaming and messaging platforms.
- Desired Skills:
- Good Knowledge of Retail E-Commerce Domain
- Exposure to a CI/CD toolchain
- Understanding of modern microservice-based architectures and methodologies
- Exposure to 12-factor methodology and its benefits, and able to demonstrate appropriate patterns to more junior team members
- Exposure to destructive testing methodologies, behavioral testing and tools
- Exposure to production systems design including High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Performance, Efficiency, and Security
- Exposure to defensive coding practices and patterns for high-availability
- Experience with Apache Service Mix (or other ESB and Integration technologies)
- Eclipse Development Environments
- JEE/Java development including JSP, JSTL, Servlets, Java Beans, EJBs, JPA
- Web services, RESTful and/or Axis/SOAP
- Exposure to Apigee or API gateways.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.