Our client is a media company that employs data-driven, analytical methodologies to create profitable web businesses. They build scalable, content-driven websites and applications to help brands succeed. They have created a full-scale digital platform with the purposed of fueling brands’ growth. They are the latest team to emerge from Cogo’s proven incubator model. Using Cogo’s extensive data warehouse, the team at our client company is building communities of users on the internet through a combination of rapid-development web property tools, scalable user acquisition, and extensive competitive and performance analysis.
They are looking for a Senior/Principal Software Engineer, responsible for designing, implementing, and scaling the firm’s technological platform alongside their existing engineering team. This role involves mentorship responsibilities, as you will be key to developing the Engineering skills of other team members.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- Experience mentoring a small team
- Highly comfortable designing, implementing, and working with REST or similar APIs.
- Experience designing relational DB architectures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience building applications with React or Django
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, cloud platforms, and CI/CD pipelines
What You Will Be Doing
- Design solutions for growing and scaling the company’s internal tool that supports their media platform
- Build maintainable software in different areas (web apps, backend processes, internal libraries, etc.)
- Mentor the Engineering team, teach them the best technical practices
- Communicate tasks, insights, and issues to senior leadership and provide technical direction
- Identify and research emerging technology opportunities to better serve the company’s Brand platform
- Bonus eligible
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis now and in the future.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.