Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
We’re dedicated to helping people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more for a brighter financial future. Together, we work on challenges to help millions of customers, all while giving back to our communities. Starting with our employees, we create an inclusive environment where everyone has the resources to thrive.
With Discover, we want to inspire you to learn new skills and feel challenged by your work. We are focused on transparency, building expertise through problem solving and experimentation, and getting things done the right way. Here, you’ll make an impact from Day 1 by tackling meaningful work you’re passionate about.
What You’ll Do:
As a Full Stack Senior Principal Software Engineer, you will:
- Develop and maintain full stack solutions in one or more ways:
- Complex front-ends (user interfaces), with a focus on user experience
- Back-end systems (APIs)
- Database and devops development
- Create and maintain DevOps processes and application infrastructure while leveraging cloud services (including database systems and models)
- Plan how we build and integrate new systems by leveraging your holistic knowledge of the products in our ecosystem
- Collaborate with our business partners to understand all business requirements
- Innovate on best practices for our team and advocate for improved processes with our internal partners
- Support live systems to ensure business continuity
- Solve complex technical problems and explore new ways to bring value
- Guide our team through implementing new solutions from inception to production
- Mentor and inspire our team members
- Keep up-to-date with new technology trends and innovations
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- 10+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- In lieu of education experience, 12+ years of work experience in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience working in a highly complex and scaled global technology organization
- Worked for a financial services or technology company
- 5+ years of Development experience in either Java/C# or another object oriented programming language.
- REST Services
- CI with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- OpenShift &/or Kubernetes
- AWS Cloud & Services, e.g. Lambda
- Agile development
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
#LI-MF1 #BI-Remote #Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.