Job number: US10627
Position type Regular
Function General & Administrative
Posting Date: Mar-26-2019
Spectrum Brands utilizes a Shared Services model that enables resources to be leveraged across the organization. The Shared Services team is made up of information technology, human resources, indirect sourcing, finance & accounting professionals that support all business units. Shared services teams are headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin but have members across the country.
The Senior Programmer is a member of the Development team and is responsible for analyzing user needs and requirements to determine feasibility of proposed design within time, risk, quality and cost constraints.
The Development team also has the responsibility of ensuring that the products they produce to run the processes, meet the testing requirements of the business before user acceptance testing occurs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
– Develops and implements software programs to meet business requirements.
– Reviews and documents product/solution architecture based on customer requirements written from business requirement documents and/or business requirement specifications.
– Constructs a product that meets requirements, promotes re-use, is testable (new functionality/regression) and facilitates ease of support.
– Works closely with other team members to successfully deploy the code to production.
– Provides input and technical content for system and solution documentation.
– Researches and implements new technologies that adhere to corporate needs.
– Leads programming projects that meet business needs.
– Interprets programming and troubleshooting issues, and makes modifications to existing code to meet the company and user needs.
– Resolves and troubleshoots problems and complex issues.
– Conducts unit tests, tracks problems, and implements changes to ensure adherence to test plans and functional requirements.
– Diagnoses, isolates, and implements remedies for system failures caused by software code, using knowledge of the system characteristics and utilizing system maintenance and tracking tools.
– Conducts and researches software support libraries for potential known solutions.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Profile
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Management Information Systems, or a related field of study. Will consider experience in lieu of education.
– 7 years of experience in general software development.
– Previous ABAP experience required.
– Expertise in ABAP debugging, programming (RFC’s, Web Services, Objects, Smartforms, User Exits, enhancements, Functions, ALV’s, Batch inputs)
– Able to recognize and execute efficiently functional specifications.
– Able to communicate effectively with other IT members and business partners.
– Able to create, review and debate functional specs and provide a better solution.
– Able to produce Unit testing and documentation.
– Solid experience with a variety of development technologies and application architectures.
– Broad knowledge database systems/structures, technology tools/products, programming languages.
– Experience with program/projects involving complex integration of disparate types of technologies/platforms and data.
– Experience with different architecture/design techniques – object oriented, structured, component based and corresponding tools.
– Highly motivated individual with a strong sense of ownership of their work/projects.
– Strong desire and capacity to adapt to new technologies.
– An inquiring mind with the ability to abstract general principles from specifics.
– Knowledge of development lifecycle.
– Exceptional verbal/written communication skills to be able to articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
– Excellent listening skills.
– Excellent interpersonal skills that include the ability to coach and mentor others.
– Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
– Travel up to 15% may be required for business activities.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.