SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 11th largest global design firm by ENR in 2016 with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join Atkins in Atlanta, GA as a Senior Project Manager supporting the Georgia State Road and Tollway Authority (SRTA) General Engineering Consultant (GEC) Program.
The ideal candidate will have a background as a traditional project manager for DOT highway projects with a design or construction background.
Education and Experience:
– Typical incumbent will have 8-12 years of experience.
– B.S. degree in Civil Engineering. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
– This level may be achieved with 8 years of experience in project production and technical professional activities, two years of these working as a Project Manager.
– General Engineering Consultant (GEC) experience is a plus.
– GDOT Design-Build experience is also a plus.
– Professional Registration (e.g. PE) in field of practice is required.
– PMP certification is desirable.
– Project Manager as part of Atkins’ Atlanta, GA transportation team that supports the Georgia State Road and Tollway Authority (SRTA) (client). SRTA, the tolling partner to the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) is currently developing express lane systems and toll facilities.
– This position will serve as a GEC Project Manager for the client’s Engineering Group, and will manage other consultants and Atkins tolls staff, as well as provide support to the client’s staff, on numerous types of design/construction projects related primarily to those express lane and toll facilities.
– Performs the basic project functions of production coordination, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and financial management.
– Coordinate and participate in the preparation of the Request for Proposal documents developed by the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) for the solicitation of civil contractors to construct the express lane facilities, and deliver the infrastructure required to support tolling operations.
– Coordinate and work with GDOT operations and SRTA operations staff to support operations from the conceptual operations phase, implementation, to ongoing operations and maintenance.
– Serve as the technical liaison between the SRTA Toll System Integrator (TSI) and the GDOT civil contractor.
– Coordination of multi-disciplinary teams from both agencies to work towards technical solutions that are in the best interests of the overall project.
– Serve as an extension of client staff, working on a daily basis with the Agency’s offices.
– Communicate regularly with client staff, project managers, external agency and consultant staff.
– Support occasional field work with technical staff, to collect site specific data as projects require.
– Assists in the preparation of graphic displays, presentations, reports.
– Guides, reviews, supervises and/or coordinates the work of a multidisciplinary project team made up of widely diverse internal teams and consultants.
– Prepares and maintains project work plan, scope, schedule and budget, and communicates these to client project team members; monitors/manages project production for compliance with schedule, budget and quality objectives.
– Responsible preparing for concept reports, including coordination with internal client design groups in preparation of the reports, to be used for scoping and budgeting projects.
– Establishes and maintains project files.
– Participates in project opportunity evaluation, consultant selection, and in preparation of firm’s qualification/experience statements.
– Schedule and coordinate project meetings.
– May supervise technical professionals, associate project managers and design staff including workload and staffing management.
– Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
– Proven collaborative leadership with effective negotiation, interpersonal and partnering skills.
– Strong written, verbal and listening communication skills; good public speaking ability.
– Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; organizational and time management skills.
– Strong project financial management skills.
– Proficient in Microsoft personal computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Project Server; Working knowledge of SharePoint and other Project Management / production support systems.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.