SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
We are seeking Senior Project Manager for an exciting role within the Construction Management Division. As a Senior Project Manager, you will be an integral part of leading construction management professionals in the NY area. Be a part of the most dynamic and fast paced market sectors in the construction industry. A Senior Project Manager provides management of capital projects from conception, budgeting, planning, design, bidding, construction, commissioning, and close out services.
Responding to institutional imperatives, the SPM shall effectively identify innovative solutions and bring clarity to the project process using a sophisticated analytical approach and sound judgement. Using project management tools and techniques, core focus areas include defining and meeting project goals, budget, schedule, scope, quality, risk mitigation and responding to field conditions and construction logistics and challenges. The SPM shall develop strong collaborative approaches and work closely with consultant design teams throughout the design and construction process.
Responsibilities include leadership in all aspects of project management, goal setting, productivity, departmental initiatives, mentorship, and achievement-oriented focus that fosters a productive team environment while driving projects to successful completion is essential.
The SPM will be responsible to lead the professional Construction Management team in pre-construction due diligence, design, and scoping process with a focus on quality management, project controls, and user engagement as well as leading their teams through the bidding and construction administration process with a focus on safety, schedule compliance, field coordination, financial reporting, change order management, commissioning, substantial completion and close out.
- Develops well-conceived and timely project plans that outline and map the overall project process and breaks critical focus areas that provide detailed, well-informed roadmaps and risk aversion planning.
- Performs all required due diligence activities and ensures responsive incorporation of findings and tracking of risk issues.
- Performs all project management duties for major new construction, renovation, infrastructure, and facilities related projects using mastery of domain knowledge and extensive business experience.
- Monitors construction activity to ensure that all phases of work are done in accordance with corporate standards and contractual agreements that is compliant to schedule and budget requirements.
- Identifies and addresses areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risks.
- Monitors, and maintains project schedules; ensures that project objectives regarding time are met. Maintains client, consultant, contractor, and vendor relationships; manages conflict resolution.
- Provides guidance, direction, and instruction in Facilities Project Management to less experienced team members and colleagues.
- Collaborates with End Users, Project Stakeholders, Department Heads, and key decision makers to ensure compliance to project goals and the management of expectations.
- Manage, assign work, mentors, and guides staff members, and supports development of team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, in Architecture, Engineering or Construction. Management: Professional Registration or a master’s degree would be a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of site/civil and project management experience, minimum 6 years in supervisory capacity managing all phases of construction.
- Experience with NYC public agencies, NYC SCA and NYCHA is preferred.
- Minimum of $100 million in construction completed.
- Experience, knowledge, and a track record in project management techniques, concepts, principles, and standards. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels both within and outside the company to establish credibility with professionals on the project teams.
- Proficient in advanced techniques with relevant software. Knowledge and ability to creatively resolve issues as they arise.
- Knowledge and ability to supervise people, including recruitment, training, performance management, and people development.
- High proficiency with general Microsoft application and experience with project management applications.
- Strong knowledge of NYC building department requirements for filing, permits, inspection and close out.
- Architectural or Engineering background with zoning, planning, design, construction administration, compliance, and infrastructure system understanding preferred.
- Anticipates business and industry issues; recommends product, process, or service improvements.
- Technical: Identifies and resolves unique situations of substantial significance, requiring conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions to complex problems with broad impact on the business; proficient in advanced techniques with relevant software; experience, knowledge, and a track record in project management techniques, concepts, principles, and standards.
- Communicates complex ideas, superior written and verbal communications skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels both within and outside the company to establish credibility with professionals on the project teams; knowledge and ability to creatively resolve issues as they arise; able to get things done through others both within and outside the company; results oriented and highly motivated.
Total Rewards Package includes:
Competitive Compensation – Competitive level of compensation and potential incentive programs to recognize our high-performance teams and individuals.
Retirement Planning – A competitive 401k program including employer contributions of cash and stock (based on the employee contribution), and a discretionary annual contribution to the plan.
Health & Wellness – STV’s programs include rich and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans with current options for telehealth; and prescription, healthcare and dependent care FSAs, disability and company sponsored life insurance.
Paid Time Off – STV’s PTO program will provide you with the balance between working and time for you and your family away from the office. Additionally, you would receive paid company holidays and two personal days to use at your discretion. The personal days provide employees with more flexibility and choice in observing holidays that are personally or culturally important.
Professional Licenses & Societies – STV encourages employees to pursue professional licensure and to join professional societies by providing reimbursement for licensure (100% reimbursement upon passing) and membership costs.
Educational Reimbursement – STV’s Continuing Education program is available to encourage employees to obtain a base of academic knowledge to support their professional development and growth. Reimbursement is up to the IRS allowable, per calendar year.
Career & Personal Development – STV has developed a wide range of learning and development plans enhancing our employee's skills while bringing out the best in them.
Wellness and Work-Life Balance Support
Family and Personal Life – We recognize balancing work with family or personal life can be difficult. STV supports our employees in accomplishing this with FMLA, and other time off options to accommodate family and life changes. We also offer an EAP that serves as a work life balance resource.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – We are committed to building a safe, happy and healthy community and we have many different programs in place to support this. STV’s Employee Assistance Program is available as a resource to our employees and their family members regarding work-life issues such as childcare, elder care, stress management, college planning, and smoking cessation, just as a few examples.
Well-being – The well-being of our employees is our top priority. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. Our Health and Wellness at Work program, as well as our Employee Assistance Program, are just some of the things programs in place to ensure our employees stay healthy in all areas of their lives.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.