Senior Project Manager Global Risk Systems
Reporting to the VP, Global Risk Systems – Shared Services, this position manages the delivery of large-scale projects/programs for Corporate Catastrophe Solutions and the Enterprise Risk Unit. The Senior Project Manager leads large-scale software development projects from inception to delivery according to industry best practices in project management to achieve on time, on budget delivery. This role is also responsible for risk mitigation that may entail escalating major issues and deviations from plan, driving immediate problem solving and aggressively progressing key milestones. He/she defines project scope, phase deliverables, tracks milestones and actual expenses versus planned expenses, schedules roles and resources, evaluates risks and recommends contingency plans. The individual communicates project status both within and beyond the project teams including to Senior Management.
Position will be primarily Philadelphia based, with occasional travel to other Chubb offices or business locations as required. Travel will be 20% or less.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Work across a complex, global network of stakeholders, technology teams, vendors and other supporting external parties to ensure IT projects are delivered on time, within budget and meeting the strategic and business requirements.
– Manage, control and lead day to day delivery of a number high visibility projects and initiatives including definition, planning, financial management, risk and dependency management, acceptance and closedown.
– Define, manage and lead projects from initiation of requirement through to completion of project and handover to service/BAU while applying a common methodology to manage risk and dependencies.
– Continually identify, log and work to mitigate or allocate risks and issues within projects.
– Hands-on development of detailed projects plans, issue logs, risk logs, etc.
– 8+ years overall project management experience managing multiple, large projects and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders
– Experience managing multiple projects, across different applications
– Experience working in a formalized PMO structure, preferably with a Fortune 500 company
– Ability to drive results
– Strong organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
– Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
– Strong analytical and problem solving skills
– Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of Project Management methodologies and tools, including experience with both Agile and waterfall methodologies
– Familiarity with .NET, SQL, JIRA, TFS would be advantageous
Experience in the following areas:
– Property Casualty Insurance experience
– Catastrophe Management Systems
– Cloud Computing
– Excellent problem solving skills
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with teams
– Ability to drive results.
– Strong presentation skills
– PMP certification a plus, but not required
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Requisition #: ******
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.