Senior Project Manager
– Tysons, VA, USA
Leading Products – Innovative Ideas – Exceptional People ..MicroStrategy, A Dynamic Place to Work!
At MicroStrategy, we are passionate about creating powerful, disruptive technologies that transform how companies do business. Innovative products and ultimately our success are rooted in one driving force-our people. Our casual and flexible environment encourages creativity and collaboration, so you’ll have the opportunity to initiate and contribute to challenging projects, while pursuing your interests and developing, both professionally and personally. Bring us your passion, curiosity, and fresh ideas, and be a part of technology innovation at its best!
The Senior Project Manager is accountable for the success of all assigned projects and engagements. This role will plan, execute, and deliver MicroStrategy projects on time, on budget, within scope, and with high customer satisfaction. Throughout the lifecycle of each project, the Senior Project manager will communicate project status and manage project teams to mitigate issues and risks. Project teams may consist of MicroStrategy and Customer resources. The Senior Project manager may be called upon to remediate in-process projects and may manage 1-2 large projects or several smaller ones located in various locations in the USA and Canada.
The incumbent is responsible for the end-to-end project delivery effort including: oversight of technical project tasks performed by architects and developers; managing project team resources; ensuring project milestones are met; project status reporting; internal and customer communication; and monitoring to keep projects on schedule and to budget. Responsible for risk identification, resolution and escalating as required through proper channels to ensure consistent and efficient delivery.
– Mentor and coach other project managers in best practices and potentially work side by side to ensure projects are executed with appropriate discipline.
– Manage and build client relationships with key decision makers from project inception to post-implementation; ensure customer satisfaction.
– Manage overall planning, execution and delivery of projects. Plan and manage project schedule, resources, scope, and budget.
– Define and own corrective action plans and escalations in the event of deviation from the project plan.
– Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential issues and devise contingency plans. Evaluate trade-offs between project size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value.
– Define and create detailed project plans in collaboration with technical teams.
– Communicate project status, risks, and issues internally and with the customer.
– Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria.
– Remediate projects in process by quickly assessing issues, determining course of action for success, and executing on delivery
– Responsibilities listed here represent a core set of duties for this position. Responsibilities may be added or modified based upon business needs. Other duties may be assigned by managers of this role at their discretion.
Required Experience and Skills
Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus
– Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in IT or related fields)
– Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience
– Proven Project Management skills
– Demonstrated client relationship and interpersonal skills
– Ability to manage multiple complex projects with multiple stakeholders, defined timescales, and prescribed scope
– Experience with waterfall, incremental, and agile methodologies preferred
– Ability to analyze complex business process issues, present findings and recommendations
– Experience with managing custom reporting, dashboard, and application development projects preferred
– Ability to translate between business and technical stakeholders
– Strong analytical, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
– Demonstrates an understanding of overall project goals and how results/deliverables of the work stream will impact the organization
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at ************.
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.