SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER – HIGHER EDUCATION/PUBLIC SECTOR
We currently have openings for a Senior Project Manager within the Higher Education and Public Sector markets. Overseeing the construction of a new multi-million-dollar projects, this role will enable you to grow and develop both professionally and personally, while working with some of the most renowned Institutions and municipalities in the Boston area. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and will have a solid technical foundation allowing them to work independently. STV’s culture promotes creativity and independent thought, and we encourage all our employees to make a difference on their projects, while also maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
As an SPM you will have the opportunity to manage & support projects including, but not limited to interior renovations and additions as well as new ground-up projects. Depending on our engagement with the client, your role may involve oversight of all phases of work from site selection, pre-construction planning, budgeting, scheduling, programming, A/E/C team selection, design and construction management, FF&E procurement and installation, equipment planning and move coordination.
Responsibilities (Will vary based on individual project requirements)
- Participation and management of the design and construction or Higher Education and/or Public Sector projects
- Lead project teams and serve as primary client point of contact.
- Run project meetings and document progress and action items.
- Develop and manage project budgets and schedules.
- Develop RFP’s, create bid lists, conduct interviews, evaluate proposals and make vendor recommendations for a variety of products and services including design, engineering, construction, furniture, IT/AV/Security/Lab equipment, movers, and other providers.
- Planning & Pre-Construction
- Assist in site evaluation, recommendation, and selection.
- Establish project budgets and schedules.
- Manage the design process through permitting.
- Design & Construction
- Oversee design and construction activities and proactively mitigate challenges.
- Manage budget and schedule and document progress and action items.
- Manage payment requisitions and negotiate change orders.
- Relocation & Closeout
- Conduct regular end-user move meetings and vendor team meetings.
- Create move phasing and space assignment documents.
- Supervision of physical move
- Post move punch list and closeout
- Preparation of project close-out documents including financial reporting and operational documents and manuals
- 4-year degree in building construction, engineering, architecture, facilities management, or a related field
- Minimum of 15 years of project management experience in the design, construction of facilities within the Higher Education and/or Public Sector market
- Exceptional technical and project management skills related to the planning, design, and construction process.
- Ability to ensure that all project objectives are achieved.
- Capability to manage competing demands on multiple client projects simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize and handle challenges on an independent basis.
- Comfortable managing meetings, presenting data and participating and presenting in interviews.
Competitive Compensation – Competitive level of compensation and potential incentive programs to recognize our high-performance teams and individuals.
Retirement Planning – A competitive 401k program including employer contributions of cash and stock (based on the employee contribution), and a discretionary annual contribution to the plan.
Health & Wellness – STV’s programs include rich and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans with current options for telehealth; and prescription, healthcare and dependent care FSAs, disability and company sponsored life insurance.
Paid Time Off – STV’s PTO program will provide you with the balance between working and time for you and your family away from the office. Additionally, you would receive paid company holidays and two personal days to use at your discretion. The personal days provide employees with more flexibility and choice in observing holidays that are personally or culturally important.
Professional Licenses & Societies – STV encourages employees to pursue professional licensure and to join professional societies by providing reimbursement for licensure (100% reimbursement upon passing) and membership costs.
Educational Reimbursement – STV’s Continuing Education program is available to encourage employees to obtain a base of academic knowledge to support their professional development and growth. Reimbursement is up to the IRS allowable, per calendar year.
Career & Personal Development – STV has developed a wide range of learning and development plans enhancing our employee's skills while bringing out the best in them.
Family and Personal Life – We recognize balancing work with family or personal life can be difficult. STV supports our employees in accomplishing this with FMLA, and other time off options to accommodate family and life changes. We also offer an EAP that serves as a work life balance resource.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – We are committed to building a safe, happy and healthy community and we have many different programs in place to support this. STV’s Employee Assistance Program is available as a resource to our employees and their family members regarding work-life issues such as childcare, elder care, stress management, college planning, and smoking cessation, just as a few examples.
Well-being – The well-being of our employees is our top priority. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. Our Health and Wellness at Work program, as well as our Employee Assistance Program, are just some of the things programs in place to ensure our employees stay healthy in all areas of their lives.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.