770 E Pilot Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89148
Senior Project Manager
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
FLSA Status: EXEMPT
Reporting to: VP of Customer Experience and Technical Operations
Start Date: June 2018
Date Posted: ASAP
In the last 15 years, Geotab has grown from a tech startup to a global leader in solutions for fleet management and vehicle tracking, with over 1 million connected vehicles worldwide and billions of data points collected daily. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our dynamic team of Geotabbers who are passionate about technology, innovation, and making the world a better place, one fleet at a time. Geotab is ranked among the fastest-growing companies and has been recognized as a great place to work. Learn more at .
Perks of Geotab Life include table tennis, light breakfast and snack options daily, Friday lunches, sports teams, and fun social events. Geotab provides full medical benefits and a 4% 401k company matching retirement savings plan.About the Role:
The Senior Project Manager is a professional whose primary responsibility is to manage Geotab’s Fortune 100 corporate client relationships and projects. This is one of the most important positions within the company as their function is vital to the overall business operations.
With a broad spectrum of experience, Senior Project Managers regularly exert discretion and independent decision making in managing every aspect of our corporate clients – including allocating resources that financially impact the company – to ensure the best outcome for the company and the client. They act as an advisor and consultant in support of National Account Managers as well as company clients, with all aspects of Geotab Field-Ready services including: developing project plans, communication plans, full-service project management, procurement, product staging, deployment, technical support and training, as well as managing all third-party applications and client assets.
Senior Project Managers are also engaged in day-to-day customer interaction to understand their requirements and priorities, manage escalations, and facilitate the resolution of issues to further develop relationships for the lifecycle of each client.
The Senior Project Manager provides oversight and support for all areas within Operations including order analyst and technical support teams. They research technology, identify training needs and provide or facilitate the completion of training for project members, employees and customers. Senior Project Managers monitor the work of others to ensure procedures are followed and quality standards are met. They are leaders and as such they intervene and correct performance deficiencies when needed.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each of the following duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. This is not inclusive and other duties may also be assigned, as necessary. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A Sr. Project Manager monitors the work of others to ensure procedures are followed and quality standards are met.
– Oversees the implementation, onboarding, and ongoing project management for reseller, carrier, and customer projects. This includes the creation of a detailed project plan, responding to RFPs, creating SOW, working on contracts, outlining key deliverables from project start to project completion, phased rollout plans as required, and ensuring all necessary parties are engaged for appropriate project planning.
– Engages and supports the Geotab sales team for projects requiring implementation and management, by reviewing larger opportunities and providing initial consultation.
– Manages the white glove treatment of high visibility clients, ensuring that all necessary parties are engaged to provide an exemplary customer experience from the point of ordering, fulfillment, onboarding, and support.
– Identify and assess customer, client, and carrier needs to achieve satisfaction, going above and beyond expectations in overseeing projects, and sending personalized Thank You cards for personalized customer interaction.
– Attends regular customer, client, and carrier meetings via phone and in person, as scheduled in the management of projects and ensuring continued customer satisfaction.
– Work with key stakeholders internally and externally, as well as senior management.
– Completes ongoing training to stay current on existing and new Geotab products and services, new integrated systems, develops new skills, sends communication to the team in regards to all new product launches, maintains proficiency on company values and organizational requirements.
– Communicates all applicable project details to the necessary internal parties for proper process management, resource development, and preparation.
– Partners with the marketing team to initiate customer communication related to Geotab products, policies, procedures, and project related updates. This includes downtime notification when applicable, application updates, and necessary communication for the successful and continuous management of the Geotab system.
– Ensures proper implementation of new client policies and procedures.
– Properly utilizes Salesforce, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Prezi, Microsoft Project, Google Lucidchart, Google Gantter, project management software, and carrier portals, including notations when applicable for problem, resolution, and relevant customer information in standard case notation.
– Navigates, updates, and educates the carrier web portals and internal ordering portals, as well as educate the team on support related-process changes utilizing these systems.
– Prepare one blog post
– Bachelor’s degree required.
– 3-5 years prior project management experience required.
– Six Sigma certification, PMI or other Project Management certification required.
– Oral Communication Skills: Able to speak and present clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
– Written Communication Skills: Able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
– Computer Skills: Proficiency in Internet and Microsoft Office applications; ability to use basic functions of Word and Powerpoint and expert level in Outlook and Excel.
– Customer Focus: Dedicated to meeting expectations/requirements of internal and external customers; gets customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
– Excellent Interpersonal Skills: Relates well to all kinds of people inside and outside of the organization; builds appropriate rapport, builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
– Organization: Can marshal resources to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
– Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
– Quantitative Skills: Advanced financial math skills are required as this position. Ability add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
– Reasoning Ability: The ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
– Time Management: Uses time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates efforts on most important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broad range of activities.
Geotab provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Geotab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Geotab expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Geotab’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.