The Senior Project Manager manages all aspects of a project, from start to finish, so that it is completed on time and within budget. The Senior Project Manager work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Project Manager designs, communicates, and implements an operational plan for completing the project; monitors progress and performance against the project plan; takes action to resolve operational problems and minimize delays. Identifies, develops, and gathers the resources to complete the project. Prepares designs and work specifications; develops project schedules, budgets and forecasts; and selecting materials, equipment, project staff, and external contractors. Communicates with other operational areas in the organization to secure specialized resources and contributions for the project. Conducts meetings and prepare reports to communicate the status of the project. Sets priorities, allocates tasks, and coordinates project staff to meet project targets and milestones. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- 5 years project management or related experience
- Ability to manage stakeholders and hold them accountable for deliverables.
- Strong communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Advanced MS Office experience (MS Project, Visio, and Excel)
- Flexible and adaptable dealing with ambiguous situations
- Comfortable working on new projects with limited knowledge/expertise of the content and be able to learn quickly
- Six Sigma and / or Project Management Institute certification
Preferred location for this position is the state of Ohio
Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.