NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental values. We strive to be a place where our exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students of all identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and individual skills, ideas, and knowledge. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Project Manager (Real Estate Development+Facilities).
Reporting to the Sr. Program Director, the Senior Project Manager will oversee multiple and or large/complex projects from planning & design through construction, inspections, move-in and closeout. The Senior Project Manager will be expected to act as the primary point of authority and accountability for the project(s) assigned to him or her, and may supervise the work of Project Managers and/or Assistant Project Managers. This requires the ability to build, lead, and manage multiple project teams, to create project plans, define project scope and establish budgets, and to solicit and synthesize input from end-users, departmental leadership, facilities staff, consultants and other key stakeholders.
- Collaborates with other Project Managers in the development and administration of project budgets and fiscal controls, contracts, and quality control provisions; performs project cost estimating and value engineering, as appropriate.
- Serves as the primary project/planning liaison between client groups, architects, and various institutional service units. Manages assigned capital construction projects; directs project planning and design.
- Participates in the planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for major construction projects; provides conceptual estimates, feasibility studies, and cost estimates, and may coordinate the production of basic design plans and documents.
- Develop and communicate project schedule and anticipated disruptions caused by infrastructure projects with all project stakeholders. Re-evaluate and adjust schedules and project sequences to accommodate the maximum use of facilities by others.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- May plan and/or coordinate occupancy issues, such as moving logistics, signage, telephones, and/or other related matters.
- Manages multiple project administrative support activities, to include development and maintenance of job files, preparation of all required correspondence, and coordination of meetings; monitors project progress, expenditures, and requirements.
- Develops and prepares complex requests for proposal, project approvals, and other related documents for review.
- Establishes, updates, and balances project budgets and schedules, monitors and reconciles expenditures, administers contracts, and approves project-related invoices within budget.
- Directs and oversees telecommunication projects, coordinating with and serving as liaison between departments and contractors, to ensure that deadlines are met, and that projects comply with specifications, policies, regulations, and codes.
- Prepares bid specifications, obtains cost estimates, and develops project budgets and estimates.
- Assists or acts on behalf of VP in presentations to senior leadership regarding capital expenditure projects.
- Manages the planning, designing, and procurement processes for large projects; oversees the preparation of capital project plans and specification; may include review of construction bid documents.
- Bachelors degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related field and 10 years prior experience in architecture, engineering, construction or related field
- – OR – Bachelors degree in un-related field and 15 years prior experience in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related field.
- Seven years of experience in project management, of which 3 years should include management of multiple and/or highly complex projects.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $ – $128,544.00 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.