What you’ll be doing…
Verizon Cloud Services and Platform Engineering team is looking for a developer for a green-field development project on AWS. You will build self-service developer portals, business analytics, and various services using AWS Lambda, Aurora, QuickSight, RedShift, Kinesis, Elasticsearch Service, CodeDeploy, and CodePipeline.
– Hands-on leading for Python development projects related to data-driven automation and self-service portals for developers.
– Responsible for coding quality and maintainability of development projects.
– Leading a team of developers to build a continuous integration pipeline that supports automated unit testing and functional testing.
– Owning and supporting code created and delivered.
– Managing priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
– Hands-on leading a team of developers in software development best practices such as code review, branching strategies, and continuous improvement of our code.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
– Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
– Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
– Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Technology, and/or other related field of study.
– Three or more years of recent and consecutive backend Python development for enterprise applications.
– Three or more years of recent and consecutive backend development.
– Experience building platform as a service and automation tools.
– Two or more years of experience developing and scaling applications on AWS.
– Strong understanding of DevOps best practices and ability to lead a team of developers.
– AWS Certified Developer – Associate.
– Two or more years of experience in building monitoring solutions, create meaningful dashboards for operations teams, strong understanding of key DevOps related KPIs.
– One or more years of experience developing Ansible playbooks.
– AWS lambda and Microservices experience.
– One or more years of experience with Postgresql.
– Strong understanding of software development process from design to deployment. Understanding of how to scale, build, and deploy enterprise applications and tools.
– Two or more years of hands-on experience in leading software development projects and mentoring junior developers.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.