Summary:As a Global Payments Scrum Master, you will be a servant leader for agile development teams, encouraging, supporting and enabling the growth of each team member. You will facilitate an environment of collaboration and communication while reinforcing our culture of transparency, integrity, and accountability. In addition, you will provide coaching, guidance, and mentorship to fellow Scrum Masters and project leaders. To summarize, you will be the ultimate servant leader, helping to grow and develop your agile and scrum master team members.
– Is familiar with different agile methodologies including by not limited to Scrum, Kanban and Scaled Agile.
– Is able to coach and train team members and others on the Scrum framework and related artifacts (user stories, story point estimation, etc.) as well as other agile methodologies to help guide teams to more successful outcomes.
– Embody Scrum values and principles.
– Reinforce a culture of Lean thinking, Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) and Minimum Viable Product as the Team develops solutions.
– Demonstrates and understands what specific Lean/Agile/Tools/Techniques/Principles to best apply, based on Team needs, environment and constraints.
– Regularly leads Agile/Scrum training sessions for new hires or other resources looking to advance their Scrum knowledge.
– Has a proven track record of successfully growing and maturing teams and/or experience leading Agile transformations.
– Displays a ‘continuous learning’ mindset; always seeking to expand lean/agile knowledge and experience.
– Capable of leading distributed and remote teams.
– Empower the Team and encourage the Team’s sense of ownership of their software and processes.
– Facilitate iteration planning, retrospectives, demos, and daily stand-ups.
– Facilitate the development and growth of Team Agreements, Definition of Ready and Definition of Done.
– Hold the Team accountable to the agreements they set and the commitments they make.
– Encourage team members to share responsibilities and build cross-functional skill-sets.
– Facilitate collaboration and interactions across Teams to plan, develop, test and release features to various environments.
– Aggressively remove impediments that block team progress.
– Perform with commitment, accountability, transparency, integrity and partnership.
– As a Scrum Master, you may also be called upon to:
– Facilitate Lean, Agile, and Scaled Agile training sessions
– Help to grow and evolve Global Payment’s custom training library
– Provide coaching and mentorship to fellow scrum masters and project leads
– Help to grow and evolve standards and best practices
– Occasional travel to other locations.
– Bachelor’s degree or comparable training and experience.
– Scrum Master Certification (CEC, CTC, CSP-SM, PSM2, SA or equivalent) preferred.
– At least one of the following Scrum Master Certifications (CSM, PSM1, PMI-ACP, SA or equivalent) required.
– 3+ years in a Scrum Master role or similar Agile experience.
– 5 years of experience in a software development environment.
Note: Experience level required may vary based on various needs and constraints
– Self-starter with strong organizational and analytical skills.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills including large group facilitation and training. Is comfortable communicating with key project stakeholders and Senior Management.
– Servant leader mindset that puts others before self.
– Inspire and develop mastery of skill and discipline, quality, lean thinking and continuous improvement.
– Competency with Google Suite applications and other collaborative tools like CA Agile Central.
– Team player.
This job description is not intended to fully and completely describe all duties of the position. The incumbent will be required to complete other duties not specifically described herein as required by their supervisor.
We are an EOE F/M/D/V.
Global Payments, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: R4370
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Heartland Payment Systems
We began in 1997 with a modest plan: to provide fair, honest and fully disclosed payment solutions to help businesses prosper. Never veering from our roots or our convictions, that plan has taken us and our clients to places most businesses could only dream of. Contact Info
– Plano, TX
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.