First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) operates through its
family of companies to help people achieve and protect their dream of
homeownership. First American was named one of FORTUNE’s 100 Best
Companies to Work For in 2016 and 2017. With experience dating back
to 1889, First American is a leading provider of title insurance
protection and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage
industries. More information about the company can be found at
Provides technical computer support to end-users for PC, server or
mainframe applications, hardware, telecom and telephony services by
responding to and diagnosing problems through discussion with users.
Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and
follow-up steps. Escalates problems to next level as appropriate and
may follow-up to obtain final resolution to close ticket. May interact
with network services, software systems engineering, and/or
applications development to restore service and/or identify and
correct core problem. Simulates, recreates or remotely accesses
users systems to identify user problems to resolve operating
*This position is the critical second line of support for external
customers who use the client’s proprietary Title software
applications. External customers are primarily Title/Escrow
professionals, so having a background in the Title/Escrow industry is
* Answers first level calls to Service Desk.
* Tracks calls and documents issues into IT Service Management
* Provides first level accurate and creative solutions to customer
issues of up to serious and critical nature to ensure customer
productivity and escalates as necessary.
* Follows Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) and IT Infrastructure
Library (ITIL) methodology at a KCS 2+ level.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant products (software and
hardware) and support policies in order to provide accurate
solutions to customers.
* Maintains Service Desk e-mail, chat and web portal(s) by reading,
opening/documenting information into ITSM tickets and resolving or
escalating to proper person or department.
* Enhances and develops quality support methods and communication
skills through peer-to-peer coaching, feedback, quality
monitoring, and other developmental approaches.
* Participates in on-call rotation for critical response to after
hour customer calls.
* Coordinates Service Desk special projects, project testing and
advanced issue and problem resolution.
* May perform additional duties relating to specific First American
applications as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
* Proven excellent customer service skills.
* Good communication, problem solving skills and telephone
* Ability to assist in setting Service Desk standards and develop
guidelines, as well as help others interpret policy.
* Broad range of current enterprise technologies such as network,
desktop, mainframe, telephony and VOIP (voice over internet
protocol) knowledge is required.
* Maintains currency and highest level of technical skill in field
* Intermediate knowledge of System Administration functions.
* This position requires a high degree of discretion and judgment.
* 2 year technical degree or equivalent work related experience
Typical Range of Experience
* Typically 4-6 years of directly related experience (such as
computer systems or IT support) within a service desk/technical
* Knowledge in the Escrow and Title Industry preferred
License or Certification
* HDISupport Center Analyst Preferred
* ITIL Foundations preferred
First American invests in its employee s development and well-being,
empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them
to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is
committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity
employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to
putting People First, check out ********************
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.