Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
In the Digital Mobile Business team, we strive to create a delightful user experience and empowering mobile apps. We are looking for an experienced and motivated Mobile Architect, who will be responsible for the analysis, design, documentation, and programming of mobile apps. Engineering is a craft, and at Bosch we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We spend our days scaling our apps and building new features to meet and exceed our users’ needs and wants.
The mobile architect will be responsible for working very closely with the product/project managers, UI designers, QA and developers to build state of the art, sustainable and scalable mobile applications on both Android and iOS. This position will require in-depth knowledge on mobile development and all mobile platforms. This individual will be working very closely with fellow architects and internal/external teams world-wide.
– Act as a primary point of contact for development projects and work with product owners to establish app requirements and mobile technical strategy/architecture
– Provide business teams input into project requirements, design and other critical project documentation.
– Ability to provide leadership, guidance and mentorship to developers on the team.
– Complete development assignments on time with an appropriate level of quality to support project efforts.
– Concurrently participate in multiple technology projects from concept to implementation, and through all phases of the software development lifecycle.
– Responsible for exceptional verbal and written communication including:
– Project risks and issues
– Project status
– Triage technical issues and lead teams toward solving problems.
– Create work estimates based on technology concepts and requirements documentation.
– Develop and maintain the mobile technology strategy for the department, that is aligned with business objectives.
– Recognize, validate and evangelize emerging technologies and architectures that align with business objectives.
– Collaborate with architects across the organization and other business units to design portable and interoperable solutions and services.
– Maintain and prioritize architecture enhancements on project backlog.
– Coach/mentor technical leads/developers on design principles.
– Excellent communication and analytical skills.
– Demonstrable ability to learn new technologies and process practices.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
– 7+ years’ experience in software development or a related field
– In depth iOS and Android development experience.
– Proven experience architecting and leading development teams on customer facing mobile applications based on services-oriented architecture, standard APIs and web services
– Experience architecting mobile solutions with connected devices for global customer base
– Deep knowledge of and experience in Cloud based mobile applications, IoT device based mobile applications
– Strong experience with native iOS/Android, cross-platform mobile solutions such as Xamarin/Cordova.
– Solid knowledge of mobile design patterns, industry standard reference architectures, and refactoring concepts
– Experience with enterprise mobile application integration and mobile device management solutions
– Experience with iterative methodologies such as the SCRUM methodology
To qualify, you must:
– Not now or in the future require sponsorship
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics)Initiatives
– FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
– AWIM (A World In Motion)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.