Job Description BAE is searching for an Application Developer for a program based in Dulles, VA. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. In this role, you will deliver functional requirements and technical solutions by coordinating with product owners, product teams, and IT cross functional groups. You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing (automation), deploying, and self-documenting working software. The successful candidate will bring strong critical thinking skills and impeccable judgment to prioritize multiple efforts and make a long-lasting impact for our customer.
– Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
– Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards.
– Evaluates interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system.
– Documents testing and maintenance of system corrections.
– Interact with customers for support and services.
– Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal methods.
– Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
– Ability to work independently, and also work in a team environment.
– Research, understand, and develop using new technologies and standards as needed.
– Able to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment.
– Aptitude and willingness to work with variety of newer emerging technologies/tools as opportunities demand.
– Ability to deliver enhanced functionality, aid with new implementations, and provide continuous support within the scheduled time while preserving system integrity required.
– High degree of initiative, creativity, and technical ability to function on this team required.
– Ability to identify issues and implement corrective actions.
– The ideal candidate would also have IT project management experience.
Typical Education & Experience Typically a Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education
– The Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI w/Full-Scope Polygraph. Candidate will not be considered without it.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
– 8+ years of RECENT Java experience.
– 3-5 years of experience with a combination of either Ruby on Rails, Python, Java Script, .NET, PERL Java or CSS
– The ideal candidate will be able to communicate well professionally and document extensively.
Preferred Skills and Education
– User Interface Experience (UX).
– Database Management Experience.
– Willingness to learn new software languages once current projects are delivered.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we dofrom intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit ****************** and follow us on Facebook: *********************************
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 37243BR
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing around 83,400 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. We provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 83,400 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. Contact Info
– Dulles, VA
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.