Senior Software Developer
Job ID: ******
Company: : Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Position Category: Software Development
Company/Location (search) : Country (Full Name): : United States
Do you have a passion for designing and building highly scalable distributed systems software?
Do you want to be involved in the future of cloud computing?
Would you like to work across teams to build and operate large scale systems and contribute both technically and as a leader of the team?
The Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Networking team is looking for software engineers who have a passion for diving deep while also being able to see the big picture. We are re-engineering our virtual networking control plane as part of Amazon’s initiative to get EC2 performance to be as close as possible to that of bare metal. This would involve being part of the team that owns building, scaling, and maintaining high performance software to streamline the management of millions of Virtual Private Cloud ( VPC) configurations.
If you are a Software Engineer with a strong coding background and a passion for distributed systems, then this is your opportunity to own major deliverables and all aspects of the development cycle: scoping, design, implementation, and testing. You will be encouraged to exercise your judgment in proactively determining and recommending the best features, designs, and support models based on business objectives, timelines, and resource constraints.
What makes this team a great place to work?
– Core VPC Team – Our services underpin the fabric of the EC2 cloud. You have the opportunity to make a large impact and drive the road map for the Amazon cloud.
– Build from the Ground up – You will have the opportunity to build new cloud services from the ground up for emerging blue ocean initiatives.
– Direct Customer Contact – The Amazon way is to maintain and enhance what you build. This gives you the opportunity to work directly with customers to understand and guide their needs.
– Scale New Heights – With cloud adoption accelerating, we are challenged with fun, complex problems to think about scale and grow the service to meet ever increasing demands.
Here are few links which talk more about the space:
Evolution of Amazon EC2 virtualization
Here are the problems we are trying to solve in the VPC world
Want to know the fundamentals of EC2 VPC?
– * Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
– * 7+ years professional experience in software development
– Experience with Linux networking stack and TCP/IP protocols
– Experience with enterprise scale distributed systems
– Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
– Experience with developer tools and SDKs, Eclipse / IntelliJ or other IDEs
– Scripting (Perl Ruby/Python/Shell script)
– Passion for great customer experience and quality
– Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
– Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.