SSENSE is looking for a Senior Developer to join our rapidly growing technology team. The Senior Developer will take complex features of the product roadmap, break them down into their required technical components, and develop them independently.
He/She owns at least one component of the SSENSE technical stack and holds accountability for its SLAs. The ideal candidate will actively contribute to knowledge dissemination within the organization, participate in the recruiting and onboarding of new employees, and mentor Junior Developers on the team.
* Develop a deep understanding of the product roadmap for the squad, including future features to be developed
* Contribute to high-level estimation and participate in laying out the development sequences, challenging the product roadmap and identifying areas where technical debt can be reduced or avoided
* Complete independently complex development tasks and actively contribute to pushing code to production
* Write testable, efficient, and reusable code suitable for continuous integration and deployment, respecting best practices and SSENSE development standards
* Review Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams and technical documentation
OWNERSHIP AND ACCOUNTABILITY
* Be accountable for code quality, with the assistance of a QA Analyst, by conducting adequate testing
* Be accountable for performance, reliability, scalability and resilience of at least one technical component owned by the squad through SLAs and monitoring
* Contribute to cross-squad initiatives, acting as a change agent amongst peers to foster adoption of new processes or technical solutions
KNOWLEDGE SHARING AND COACHING
* Review Pull Requests with the objective to guide and upskill junior developers on various technical topics
* Actively contribute to SSENSE University, the internal peer learning platform, to promote continuous learning
* Participate in the onboarding of new developers
* Contribute to solution designs, challenging other members on technical decisions and explaining the technical design to junior developers so they can write documentation for the rest of the team
* Participate in HR recruiting events, helping to identify and recruit top developers
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.