S & P Global – Senior Software Developer Manager Job in Charlottesville, VAplay
S & P Global Careers
– Careers Home >
– Job Details
Senior Software Developer Manager
S & P Global Market Intelligence currently has a position opening for a GIS Developer. This position supports the development and launch of several in house GIS Applications. The GIS Developer will closely collaborate within an agile team comprised of: Project Managers, GIS Developers, Quality Assurance and Business System Analyst.
What’s in it for you:
You will use your technology and business skills/specialties as well as your experiences working as a developer to build small to large-scale business systems. Collaborate across organizations and teams to craft the digital strategy and vision for the business including next generation products. You will work closely with all technology teams along with the product & content management to design the future user capabilities. You’ll use Agile, transformation architecture and the best methodologies to build software solutions.
You will be responsible for owning the design, deployment and maintenance of Enterprise Web Applications. You’ll work to develop and maintain geospatial data standards: processing, documentation and metadata.
What We are Looking For:
– Familiarity with frameworks such as: AngularJS, DurandalJS, BackboneJS, KnockoutJS, BootstrapJS
– 5+ years C# Development (Required)
– SQL, T-SQL, SQL experience
– 3+ GIS Server Technology (ESRI, MapInfo, GeoServer, etc.)
– Microsoft Based Technologies: operating systems and platforms (C# .NET), application servers (IIS), and architecture. Visual Studio
– Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical partners.
– Web application development abilities
– Strong Mathematical skills
– Deep understanding of OO concepts
– Bachelor’s Degree in equivalent course work in geographic information systems, geography, civil engineering, computer science, statistics, or a related field.
– Comfortable working in team based environment.
– Creative, flexible and results oriented approach to problem solving.
Internal / External Contacts:
– Dependency Injection
– Cloud Development
At S & P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is importantsome of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S & P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S & P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S & P Global Market Intelligence
S & P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: *************************** and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
Job ID :
Posted On :
Charlottesville, VA US
Link for schema
– S & P Global
– Report Piracy
– Powered By: SmashFly
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.