Join General Dynamics Information Technology's (GDIT's) Defense Division to provide software development support on a highly collaborative, fast-paced, growth-focused program. As a software developer, you will be responsible for designing, documenting, implementing, and maintaining custom applications for a Government customer. Successful candidates must have a strong understanding of DOD cloud governance and cloud application services for DOD customers.
The key responsibility would be to perform and may provide guidance on all phases of the software development lifecycle including requirements analysis, design, development, and testing. Additional duties include:
- Gathers, understands, and documents user requirements and technical specifications and analyzes user/business needs and functionality to plan and design software systems to meet those needs.
- Creates a variety of models and diagrams that show programmers the software code needed for an application.
- Performs and provides guidance on software updates, refinement, testing, and debugging development fixes as necessary and providing support for complex issues to meet business needs.
- Prepares and analyzes reports on software project specifications, activities, or status.
- Creates and helps maintain technical and end-user documentation for new and existing applications for future maintenance and updates.
- DOD Active Secret Clearance required
- Expertise in developing, maintaining, and contributing to technical and process documentation
- Expertise in full stack application development including front and back end services
- Expertise in Agile and DevSecOps processes
- Expertise in VMWare and AWS services
- CompTIA Security + or similar IAT Level II DoD 8570 certification
- DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA/BS (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science or related field and 2+ years of Application Development experience or related 6+ years' experience
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401K with company match
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
- Ability to make a real impact on the world around you
Years of Experience
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
CompTIA – Security+ – CompTIA – CompTIA
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.