Cube Forecasting owns forecasting and planning of Amazon’s global Fulfillment Center Capacity: we decide what, when, where, and how much space we will need and where to build to meet Amazon’s business goals and to make our customers happy. We do this for millions of items, for hundreds of product lines worth billions of dollars of inventory world-wide.
Our systems are built entirely in-house, and are on the cutting edge in automated large scale supply chain planning and optimization systems. Cube Forecasting fosters new game-changing ideas that we are continuously improving, resulting in sophisticated, intelligent and self-learning models. Cube Forecasting is unique in that we’re simultaneously developing the science of supply chain planning and solving some of the toughest computational challenges at Amazon. Unlike many companies who buy existing off-the-shelf planning systems, Cube Forecasting is responsible for studying, designing, and building systems to suit Amazon’s needs.
This position is for a lead on the team that creates and develops innovative solutions for the most challenging use cases confronting capacity planning today. This team owns the systems which are critical for managing capacity in Amazon’s network for retail customers to purchase on Amazon.com. These systems cover a broad range of solutions which includes front-ends, workflows, advanced mathematical models, data platform built using latest technology frameworks and AWS.
This opportunity is perfect for highly motivated and talented software engineers who want to design and architect systems, expand their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving key aspects of the customer experience on Amazon.com.
To learn more, watch this amazing video about Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) at Amazon: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
· Master of Science in Computer Science or related engineering field
· Expertise in Statistics
· Familiarity with , Pandas, and AWS services
· Experience developing software in an agile environment
· Experience on designing large scale distributed system
· Strong problem-solving and data analytical skills
· Great communication skills
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.