UX Management Team in Chicago, IL, is responsible for best-in-class electricity Distribution Automation and Wireless Communication products and solutions for the worldwide Smart Grid. Included in this position is the support of intelligent embedded software devices include microprocessor-based capacitor, switch, and fault interrupting controls; patented peer-to-peer feeder restoration systems; and the associated device management software
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, design and develop high quality .NET desktop and web applications.
- Engage with product managers and engineers and articulate ideas clearly
- Participate in design sessions and code reviews
- Work on cross-functional teams
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Knowledge of and strong experience working with communication protocols.
- Experience with web development tools and technologies such as Electron, ReactJS.
- Familiarity with multi-threaded programming paradigms
- Exposure to unit testing a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or demonstrated equivalent.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time with rare periods lasting more than a week.
Major Physical Demands
- Standing: Occasional standing for work on complete control assemblies.
- Lifting: Occasional lifting of controls and test equipment, less than 50 pounds.
- Walking: Occasional walking throughout the facility.
- Carrying: Occasional carrying of light objects.
- Pushing: Infrequent pushing of objects, possibly related to rearrangement work.
- Pulling: Infrequent pulling of objects, possibly related to rearrangement work.
- Bending: Occasional bending during access to equipment.
- Reaching: Infrequent reaching.
- Handling: Frequent handling of parts or tools.
- Environment: Frequent handling of parts or tools.
S&C is a global company providing equipment and services for electric power systems. Founded in 1911, the Chicago-based company designs and manufactures switching and protection products for electric power transmission and distribution. S&C’s Engineering teams design solutions for a portfolio of products for a wide range of customers including electric utilities and industrial/commercial power users. S&C offers broad opportunities for advancement, excellent education and training programs, a challenging work environment, and a strong package of pay and benefits.
The Human Energy of S&C has been built on the principles of integrity, enthusiasm, and sustained energy. These are the traits that S&C has always looked for and found when seeking people to join our 100% employee-owned team. S&C would not be where it is today without the diversity of our team members and business partners. We consider our diversity to be a core strength of our company, and we aspire to align our team-member demographics with the populations in which we live and work. To realize this vision, we seek to facilitate the career development of minorities, women and all team members through events hosted by our Inclusion, Diversity, Engagement and Awareness (I.D.E.A.) Group, Women’s Empowerment Group and other S&C affinity groups.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.