EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.Senior Software Engineer
The mission of the Software Engineer is to play an integral role on an Agile team responsible for the architecture, design, development, testing, delivery, and operation of premium online Discovery and Research products. You will create information products and services that inform the world, advancing research in traditional and emerging fields and transforming learning and education.
– Provide expertise and leadership on system architecture, design, implementation, testing, delivery, and operation of premium online Discovery and Research products.
– Work directly with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software requirement into simple stories for planning and execution.
– Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of features and commit to stories can be accomplished in an iteration.
– Be a primary technical leader on the team for a broad range of product features, responsible for ensuring that development activities are coordinated throughout the development cycle achieving scalable, automated solutions for our customer base.
– Mentor other engineers on the team in broad areas including coding, design for performance and testability, and process.
– Assist other teams or ARTs as a key representative of the team/features/technology.
– Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met.
– Drive value and build to continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables. Authoring well-engineered solutions using test-first/test-driven methodologies.
– Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products.
– Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
– Model and Contribute to the continuous improvement of your team.
– Model the practice of and assist other Software Engineers applying best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, and maintainability.
– Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production.
– Exemplify the principles behind the Agile Manifesto and SAFe framework in all interactions.
– Analytical skills: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
– Requirements Analysis: Gathers, organizes and evaluates any information or data needed as input from stakeholders and development team to determine requirements and specifications.
– Technical prowess: Able to quickly get to know our products to a sufficient level and drive updates as needed with Technology teams. Adopts or works with necessary tools for operations.
– Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
– Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
– Communication and Presentation: Able to effectively communicate and present technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals.
– Positive Attitude
– Good Judgement
– Open Communication
– Desire to Make an Impact
– Eager to Understand
– Team Player
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or other Technical related degree or equivalent experience.
– 5+ years of Java and/or .NET development (C#)
– 5+ years of experience in large systems software design and development with hands on experience in RESTful Web Services, HTML, XML/JSON, HTTP, SSL.
– 1+ years demonstrating clear servant leadership skills in technology
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Advanced Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or other Technical related degree.
– 3+ years experience in multiple of the following areas:
– Test Driven Development (TDD) and Automated Testing with JUnit, Load Runner, etc.
– DevOps or automated software deployment.
– Working on an Agile team.
– Web Services lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy), API versioning and design approaches, tools, inter-operability, and SOA concepts.
– Microservices and microservice design patterns.
– Automated integration or acceptance tests scenarios.
– Performance testing strategies and techniques.
– Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) best practices.
– Hands on experience with Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
– Demonstrated leadership and communication skills, including an ability to look forward and anticipate problems and assess risk.
– Excellent mentoring skills and the desire to contribute to efforts beyond the scope of the day-to-day project work.
EBSCO Industries, ****** an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.