SOLUTE is a dynamic group of professionals that focus on solving the nations hardest technical challenges in software engineering, data analytics, and cyber security. Our team is close-knit, values the product we provide to our warfighters, and we like to have fun while delivering high quality results.
Our Senior Software Engineers are intimately involved in the development of software code used for operation and support of the Navys command and control (C2) system to be used in real-world battlefield environments. Responsibilities will include writing, modifying, and adapting C2 code, and performing research on applications for hardware, software, and operating systems. Be part of the team that will shape the Navys C2 architecture for the future.
We are seeking individuals who provide an advanced level of experience and mentorship in the development and integration of software solutions. Project leadership positions are available, but not necessarily required. Our Senior Software Engineers responsibilities include review and preparation of engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation, but more importantly, successful candidates will apply engineering expertise to perform system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management.
We are a company of innovative professionals thriving in a highly motivating work environment that fosters creativity and independent thinking. If you are a motivated individual with a desire to support our service men and women, now is a great time to join SOLUTE!
Why would you want to work at SOLUTE?
SOLUTE seeks out opportunities that allow our engineers to work with modern and innovative technologies on impactful projects. Our solutions are built for use in mission critical systems and often are subject to interesting and challenging constraints. For example, we often build solutions that must operate effectively in offline or difficult to reach environments while maintaining reproducibility, maintainability, and security.
What are some examples of work I could be a part of?
SOLUTE has been brought in to evaluate and rearchitect several major C2 systems for the Navy (surface, subsurface and air) for next generation capabilities. We are leveraging modern technologies such as containerization, distributed proxying, and dynamic service discovery to bring the very best technology to our nations defenses.
What are some key technologies you will work with?
The exact technical stack varies from solution to solution but, there are a few technologies we often reach for when exploring a new problem:
* Linux is the most common development and deployment platform we encounter
* Terraform is our go-to infrastructure automation tool
* Ansible is the most common configuration management tool you will see
* Git is the primary source control system we use for our projects
* OpenShift/Kubernetes are our usual choices for container management
* B.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or similar with 8+ years relevant experience or M.S. in Software Engineering with 4+ years relevant experience. 12+ years of relevant software experience may be substituted for formal education.
* 10+ years of practical experience in an engineering or computer science field supporting complex software development and integration.
* Experience with Anchore and OWASP.
* Proficient with PL/SQL or PL/pgSQL.
* Strong understanding of Linux operating systems.
* Ability to research, evaluate, and recommend solutions and technologies based on customer needs.
* Familiarity with professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, agile development, build processes, testing and operations.
* Ability to deliver code with modern workflows in GIT.
* Ability and willingness to mentor junior engineers.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Excellent communicator, both oral and written.
* Ability to obtain a Department of Defense SECRET clearance, or higher.
* Active Top Secret and/or Secret Clearance.
* Experience working with C4ISR.
* Knowledge of Docker and microservices architecture.
* Medical, Dental and Vision
* Life and A&D coverage
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* 401(k) Plan with company matching contributions
* Paid Time Off (PTO) and 10 paid Holidays
* Educational assistance
SOLUTE is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.