Cox Automotive is currently hiring an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team in the Dallas, TX, Irvine, CA or Atlanta, GA areas.
We are an established and distributed team in the Cox Automotive Data Solutions Group. Our primary responsibility is the development of infrastructure, security, networking, and application delivery automation tools and patterns that put the 12-factor app principles into practice. Our goal is to enable engineers to develop solutions from ideas into production code in a fast, secure, and repeatable manner, and provide guidance and insight into the best practices of software engineering. We use a Kanban methodology for delivery tracking, open-source methods to encourage collaborative software design, and maintain a reputation as thought leaders within our organization.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Cox Automotive you will:
- Maintain and build upon our Application Management Platform solution; a platform built on AWS, designed to deliver client-facing applications in both containerized and serverless formats while ensuring those applications adhere to the patterns described by the 12-Factor App Methodology.
- Automate the infrastructure, security, networking, and application delivery needs of multiple engineering teams.
- Provide your expertise to the same teams regarding the support and maintenance of cloud and on-prem resources.
- Participate in all aspects of the Software Delivery Lifecycle, from clarifying requirements to collaborating on architectural design, creating technical documentation, programming, performing manual and automated testing, building, deploying, validating, monitoring, and operational support.
- Participate in evaluations of new technologies, platforms, frameworks, and techniques, and collaborate with your peers to help shape the direction of the engineering group.
- Take an active role in identifying and prioritizing opportunities for investment in the functional and non-functional requirements of the system.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and four years of relevant experience or a Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and two years of experience or eight years of relevant experience.
- Cloud Server administration and maintenance.
- RDBMS experience, including schema design and performance optimization.
- CI/CD pipeline delivery and pipeline automation experience.
- Experience developing test coverage for applications.
- Experience with Production Monitoring tools like cloud logs, metrics, application/db analytics for debugging, performance optimization, and maintaining SLAs.
We are impressed by:
- Openness to feedback and ability to creatively adapt multiple ideas into a solution.
- Ability to take direction as well as provide direction on potential solutions.
- Analytical skills and the ability to break problems down into simpler challenges that solve a more complex whole.
- Familiarity with producing technical writing, including diagramming techniques.
- A desire to succeed as a team and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and growth
- Experience with Kanban, LEAN, and the 12-Factor app methodologies
- Public speaking skills
- Teaching or tutoring experience
USD 97,100.00 – 161,800.00 per year
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.