UX Management Team in Chicago, IL, is responsible for best-in-class electricity Distribution Automation and Wireless Communication products and solutions for the worldwide Smart Grid. Included in this position is the support of intelligent embedded software devices include microprocessor-based capacitor, switch, and fault interrupting controls; patented peer-to-peer feeder restoration systems; and the associated device management software
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, design and develop high quality .NET desktop and web applications.
- Engage with product managers and engineers and articulate ideas clearly
- Participate in design sessions and code reviews
- Work on cross-functional teams
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Knowledge of and strong experience working with communication protocols.
- Experience with web development tools and technologies such as Electron, ReactJS.
- Familiarity with multi-threaded programming paradigms
- Exposure to unit testing a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or demonstrated equivalent.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time with rare periods lasting more than a week.
Major Physical Demands
- Standing: Occasional standing for work on complete control assemblies.
- Lifting: Occasional lifting of controls and test equipment, less than 50 pounds.
- Walking: Occasional walking throughout the facility.
- Carrying: Occasional carrying of light objects.
- Pushing: Infrequent pushing of objects, possibly related to rearrangement work.
- Pulling: Infrequent pulling of objects, possibly related to rearrangement work.
- Bending: Occasional bending during access to equipment.
- Reaching: Infrequent reaching.
- Handling: Frequent handling of parts or tools.
- Environment: Frequent handling of parts or tools.
In 1909, S&C Electric Company transformed the delivery of safe, reliable electricity with the invention of the Liquid Power Fuse. Today, as the world faces extreme weather events and the demand for electricity grows, S&C continues to innovate and advance the electrical grid, ensuring reliable and resilient power for homes, communities, and critical infrastructure around the world.
With a diverse, global workforce and core values around integrity, safety, and quality, S&C is a trusted industry leader and top workplace that offers meaningful careers to more than 3,500 team members. As a people-first organization, S&C is committed to fostering an inclusive and collaborative workplace where team members advance their careers through robust talent-development programs and involved leadership.
S&C’s deeply rooted belief diversity fosters greater creativity, innovation, and success guides the company to advance and sustain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace culture.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.