Employer is seeking a part-time SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEERin GREENBELT, MD to support our Space Communication Network Services (SCNS) Contract supporting NASA.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for providing software engineering, data management, and analysis for Satellite Laser Ranging sustaining engineering and data operations systems. This individual will also be responsible for monitoring incoming data, analyzing system performance, and developing software in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures and configuration guidelines.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Monitors data flow and reports and corrects issues, as needed.
* Oversees quality checks of Satellite Laser Ranging (SLR) data from NASAs SLR stations.
* Performs performance analyses on station data, e.g. calibration data
* Develops and maintains software for the SLR Data Operations Center in accordance with applicable requirements documentation
* Participates in and contributes to preparation for technical discussions, design reviews, and code reviews.
* Develops and executes test plans for software system verification and acceptance
* Participates in established Configuration Management process
* Bachelors degree in computer science, information technology, mathematics, or related field, and 10+ years of related work experience Or A Masters degree in engineering, physics, computer science, information technology, mathematics or a related technical field and 6+ years of related experience
* 10+ years of experience in the analysis, design, and development of software systems including hands-on work in testing and integration
* 5+ years of experience developing programs in at least one of C, FORTRAN, or Java
* 5+ years of experience designing relational databases and writing queries in a standard language, e.g. SQL.
* 3+ years of experience scripting in a common scripting language, e.g. Bash/Unix shell, Perl, or Python.
* 3+ years of experience developing and maintaining documentation on the softwares configuration.
* 5+ years of experience writing and executing software test plans.
* Experience with Oracle Database.
* Data analysis experience (e.g. Matlab, Excel, SAS).
* Familiarity with configuration management processes and tools (e.g. Subversion).
* Ability to work well as a team player that can take high level direction and work independently, as well as work closely with peers.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE CANDIDATE TO BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE. IN ORDER TO OBTAIN A CLEARANCE CANDIDATE MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND SHOW PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP.
Employer provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nations most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Employer has significant experience providing highly differentiated secure communications, space, and technology solutions to key customers, and has become a trusted partner on missions that are critical to the security priorities of the United States. Capabilities include complex software and technology services and solutions, as well as end-to-end mission operations abilities, including Software Systems Development, Cyber, Modeling & Simulation, Mission Operations, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC) / Research & Development. The company is headquartered in Herndon, VA, with approximately 3,500 employees across the U.S. and Canada.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.