We’re unique. You should be, too.
We’re changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with your kindness and joy?
We’re different than most primary care providers. We’re rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for application development and coding, unit testing, system support and documentation. The incumbent in this role designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications and components; supports and/or installs software applications and components; works from written specifications and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and maintains documentation of process flow. He/She works closely with other software developers and technical professionals.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, develops, tests and delivers software solutions using one or more commercial languages as well as, open source tools. Develops and delivers software in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Manages projects while accepting responsibility over a specialized area. Provides good clear communications to stakeholders, setting expectations. Relies on own judgment, with feedback from Manager.
- Engages with key stakeholders to ensure requirements, schedules and all expectations are understood by the development team and stakeholders for assigned software solutions and software maintenance.
- Develops and executes automated unit testing for all assigned software solutions.
- Supports infrastructure and network teams in analysis and resolution of issues that are software solution related.
- Performs all functions necessary to take software solutions from planning to implementation. Escalates appropriately, if deadlines are in danger of being missed.
- Coordinates with management to ensure identification of appropriate schedules, goals, design criteria, methodology, etc.
- Shares knowledge, lessons learned and best practices among the team.
- Supports and guides the delivery of software solutions. Provides appropriate documentation.
- Follows all defined software solution methods, processes, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Superb knowledge of the Atlassian suite of products (Bitbucket/JIRA/CONFLUENCE etc.) or similar tools
- Expert knowledge in at least 2 domains or technologies. Intermediate competency in most domains or technologies used in teams
- Keen ability to anticipate software malfunctions and quickly identify solutions
- Largely self-directed. May provide direction to individuals or small teams
- Influences associated teams for best practices and decisions
- Ability to break multi-week objectives into tasks. Able to decompose tasks and provide definition for others
- Ability to improve team productivity. Knowledge to assist with recruitment of associate/junior level positions
- Superior ability to manage projects to deadlines while avoiding undue time crunch for self and project team
- Well-respected and viewed as a key contributor cross-functionally. Influences and builds consensus across diverse teams
- Able to articulate core controls and requirements to business units
- Proactive in developing actionable programs that drive improvements and increase productivity/revenue/customer value
- Ability to mentor and coach junior team members effectively and create a positive learning environment. Able to set measurable objectives
- Ability to work with minimal supervision (Bi-weekly Check-Ins)
- Expert skills in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
We’re ChenMed and we’re transforming healthcare for seniors and changing America’s healthcare for the better. Family-owned and physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health and well-being of the populations we serve. We’re growing rapidly as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health care.
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow. Join our team who make a difference in people’s lives every single day.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, Software Development, Mathematics or a related field OR additional experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis required
A minimum of 5 years’ work experience as a software engineer or similar IT role or related field required
IT certification in Java, C, Objective-C, C++, Perl & Python or similar formats preferred
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.