Global Retail Markets U.S. Claims Technology is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Claims Event-driven Workflow team.This role provides an exciting opportunity to work on a high performing Agile squad, focused upon developing a best-in-class claims handling application to improve user experience and efficiency across the claims-handling lifecycle. The initiatives within this space will drive millions of dollars in annual savings for our Business, as well as enhance the claims experience to ultimately delight our customers. The team is looking for a collaborative, self-motivated engineer with a strong passion for customer-centricity, learning, and innovative problem solving.We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you’re a:
- Technical problem solver: Going far beyond simply developing error-free source code, test scripts, components, and system architectures, you’ll document and build deployment guides aimed at maintaining robust, relevant software
- Customer-centric engineer: Putting clients’ needs first, you’ll translate customer requirements into technical applications and support the implementation of new software
- Forward thinker: Merely fixing a problem isn’t enough using your proactive mindset and initiative, you’ll also identify opportunities to enhance performance, quality, and efficiency
- A Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years software engineering experience
- A strong desire to improve the customer experience.
- Experience with Node.js and AWS (or equivalent cloud)
Experience or knowledge of the following:
- A history of translating client requirements into technical designs
- Agile engineering capabilities and a design-thinking mindset
- Collaboration, adaptability, flexibility, and the ability to manage time and prioritize work with a globally distributed development team
- A thorough grasp of IT concepts, business operations, design and development tools, system architecture and technical standards, shared software concepts and layered solutions and designs
- An understanding of how modifications affect different parts of a system and an ability to explain your decision-making process to non-engineers
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.