The Cox Automotive team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work with the software and data engineering team on the AWS cloud. If you have been looking for a job where you get to work across the full AWS stack at a company that is fully invested in getting the most out of cloud adoption look no further. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a team using new technologies, especially in cloud. Additionally, they should have experience with software development best practices such as TDD and CI/CD. The software and data engineering team work spans both stream and batch processing so previous experience with both is preferred. Our code base is primarily written in python so professional experience with python is required for this role.
- Works with Product Management to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
- Recommends viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
- Foresees capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations.
- Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Contributes to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
- Builds software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of stakeholders.
- Understands technical architecture and writes software and automated tests that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
- Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
- Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
- Actively works with less experienced software engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
- Professional experience with Python – 2+ years
- Experience building streaming systems especially using kinesis or kafka – 2+ years
- Professional experience with Git or some other source control tool
- Experience building microservices, ideally using a serverless technology or containers using ECS, Kubernetes or similar.
- Working experience with both relational and NoSQL databases we use or integrate with Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB, RedShift and OpenSearch.
- Foundational knowledge of cloud technologies, preferably AWS
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 4 years' experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 2 years' experience; a Ph.D. and up to 1 year of experience; or 16 years' experience in a related field
- Experience running code in the cloud, especially leveraging serverless offerings
- Infrastructure as code (terraform)
- Experience building batch processing systems
- Experience with data architectural patterns
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.