Careers At Millennium Engineering & Integration Co.
START YOUR APPLICATION
The Senior Software will support existing projects and future application development. The work is mostly on complex projects integrating multiple systems and includes all phases of the software development life cycle.
The candidate will serve as a member of a small engineering team assigned to various research and/or development efforts. The candidate will be required to work with software, aerospace, and systems engineers in a dynamic and demanding environment. The job requires a strong background in system integration and team leadership. The candidate may be tasked with coordinating activities across a wide variety of contractors and various government agencies. Strong verbal and written communications skills are a requirement for this position. The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the development, operation, and maintenance of hardware and software within an unclassified lab environment.
– As a member of the Development Team: design, develop, and test mission and safety critical software in all phases of product development and operational deployment
– Translate customer and system requirements into robust software design with a test-driven approach
– Ensure software quality by performing thorough requirements analysis, design and code reviews, and writing unit and automated integration tests
– Leverage legacy design and/or third-party products to produce a highly customizable architecture to meet customer needs
– Provide day-to-day guidance to the technical team, if assigned.
– Provide technical consultation to other organizations/teams as necessary.
– Efficiently manage project and personal schedule by consistently meeting deadlines
– Interact with Systems and Test Engineers to understand/define requirements, design software and system architectures, and generate test procedures
– Interact with government and commercial space teams by mentoring and attending technical reviews
– Successfully communicate project plans, tracking details, status updates and risk mitigation plans to the cross-functional team
– Investigate and solve production system issues with a focus on customer service
– Interact with senior customer personnel and internal senior management.
– Create user and engineering documentation to capture requirements, designs and architectures.
– Ensure Millenniums software standards and procedures are implemented.
– Occasional Travel within Continental United States
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related technical field with software development emphasis
– Minimum of 5 years of experience in software design and development efforts in industry, internships, or academia
– Minimum of 5 years of experience in Java and C++ programming in industry, internships or academia
– Minimum of 3 years of experience in Database Design and/or Administration in industry, internships or academia
– Self-Starter and a motivated individual who requires minimal supervision
– Have an understanding of software development processes/methodologies (preferably Agile/Scrum)
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Ability to work independently and collaboratively
– Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
– Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
– Masters Degree in Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, System Engineering, or related discipline with software development emphasis
– Experience with AGILE development
– Experience with Java including JavaFX, Swing/AWT toolkits
– Experience with Web Technologies (such as ReactJS, TypeScript, Electron, Yarn, WebPack, etc.)
– Experience and understanding of XML and XML schema architectures and design
– Experience or Knowledge working in a configuration managed environment.
– Experience working with Maven, React, Spring, Hibernate, Sikuli, and Atlassian Tools
– Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
– Working experience with Windows and Linux (preferably RHEL/CentOS)
– Strong debugging and complex problem solving skills
– Experience in safety or mission critical space launch/re-entry industry is a plus.
– CMMI Level 3 familiarization and experience
– Experience working in DoD intranet environment
Masters Degree in Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, System Engineering, or related discipline with software development emphasis
Ability to obtain a clearance
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran’s status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium’s policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.
Job Req: 2226
START YOUR APPLICATION
2018 Millennium Engineering & Integration Co.
Applicant Tracking System Powered by
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.