Job ID: 601271BR
Date posted: Oct. 13, 2022
Locations: King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Program: Space Security – Victor
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Warriors Path is building a space combat simulator to model a future war in space. What forces will be needed to win the war? How can available resources best be allocated? What are the most effective defenses to adversary threats? Warriors Path software simulates a wide range of scenarios, wargaming the actions from both sides of a conflict to help our stakeholders develop strategy, tactics, techniques, and procedures. Looking for strong, team-oriented Java software developers; background with orbital mechanics, mathematics, gaming and optimization strategies a plus.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Performance of all phases of software development including design, implementation, testing and verification
• Developing services that model orbital mechanics (propagation, orbit determination, in-view calculations, etc.)
• Developing services that solve optimization problems (dynamic programming, non-linear optimization, over-constrained planning, etc. )
• Detailed analysis and validation that algorithms are physically accurate and satisfy customers' mission
• Work collaboratively in small, fast paced agile teams, focused on product delivery to program customers
You will be working side by side with extraordinarily talented and experienced engineers, while having the opportunity to lead and mentor less experienced individuals on the team.
Successful applicants typically posses at minimum 5 years of professional experience and a Bachelor's Degree or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master's Degree, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Experience in software development using an object-oriented language (such as Java, C#, C++)
• Ability to obtain/maintain a TS/SCI clearance; US citizenship is required (no clearance is required to start; unclassified work is available until the clearance is obtained)
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, such as Math, Physics, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering or other engineering disciplines
• Familiarity with the Space Domain
• Knowledge of Orbital dynamics and AstroStandards math libraries
• Experience designing and implementing algorithms
• Experience with databases (e.g. PostgreSQL)
• Experience working as a member of an Agile Scrum or Kanban team
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Top Secret with an investigation within 5 years
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9×80 every other Friday off
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Software Engineering
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.