Senior Software Engineer (Site Reliability Engineer/DevOps) with Cox Enterprises
– Careers Home
– Tech Careers
– Car Auction Jobs
– Early Careers
– Join Our Talent Community
– Manage Your Profile
– Cox Enterprises
– Cox Communications
– Cox Automotive
– Cox Media Group
Search all Cox Automotive Jobs
RadiusRadius5 miles15 miles25 miles35 miles50 milesGo
Cox Employee Site LinkedIn Job Match
Senior Software Engineer (Site Reliability Engineer/DevOps)
Job ID: ******
– Similar Jobs
As the Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing programs as required, to support the technical capabilities at Cox Automotive. This includes both the development of new programs and maintaining existing programs. In the role of Software Engineer, you will be expected to deliver timely responses to production issues, taking ownership of effectively seeing these issues through resolution. To be successful in the role of Software Engineer you must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment while maintaining good communication with management and team members.
– Full Time
– Level: Mid
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
including generous time off policies: Up to 24 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 7 paid holidays
Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
Mentoring and Training Programs
Work for a Top 20 Tech Company
Back to Job Navigation (Rewards)
Our Engineering teams at ********** use the latest technologies to build solutions that transform the way people research and buy cars. We are constantly looking for ways to improve what we offer and are energized about building a platform that is revolutionizing the industry. We are currently seeking ambitious engineers who are comfortable working with many different teams in a fast-paced environment and have the passion and skills to take our product offering to the next level.
Our Production Engineering team is obsessed with speed and availability, passionate about automation, and devoted to building meaningful relationships with our software engineers to help evolve and scale our platforms. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will work as a member of an engineering team focused on building and running large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. You will collaborate with some very smart people, focusing on performance and reliability, while increasing the development velocity of our software engineering teams.
If you love to figure out how all the pieces are put together in a complex environment, have a passion for innovating in the newest technologies, and enjoy building solutions to manage applications, we want to talk to you.
What You Get To Do:
– Increase the scalability, reliability, and performance of our systems
– Think at scale. big scale. with a focus on ensuring stability and maximizing the performance of services you own
– Write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at large scale
– Partner with software engineering teams to make sure their applications fit nicely within the infrastructure and scalability/reliability is designed and implemented from the grounds up
– Roll up your sleeves to troubleshoot problems across the entire stack: hardware, network, datastores, and application
– Take ownership and strive to do work you’re proud of. You believe in spreading (and acquiring) knowledge through mentorship and collaboration
– Fluency with at least one scripting or programming language (we care that you know how to write code, not what language it is)
– Solid UNIX/Linux experience
– Familiarity with automation and/or configuration management tools
– Experience designing and/or implementing highly available systems
– Experience using metrics and monitoring to ensure customer SLA objectives are met
– Strong understanding of networking
– Experience with Cloud Computing platforms
We’d Love to See:
– Someone who sees technology as a hobby and not work, you enjoy ripping things apart and then putting them back together to improve them
– Experience with Amazon toolset
– Experience working in an agile iterative developer-empowered environment where software delivery teams deploy and monitor their applications throughout the application lifecycle
– Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Delivery (CD) best practices
– Experience with monitoring, analysis, and alerting tools like Datadog, New Relic, Prometheus, Grafana, or Nagios
– Distributed version control system experience (Git preferred)
– Caching layer technologies (Elasticache / Memcached, Redis) and CDN services such as Akamai or CloudFront
– Database operations at scale (MySQL, MongoDB, Dynamo, Aurora)
– You thrive on technical challenges and take pride in solving them
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader, Clutch Technologies, **********, Dealertrack, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim, Gear Capital, VinSolutions, vAuto and Xtime, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 **************************
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-TX-Dallas-13737 Noel Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Back to Job Navigation (Responsibilties)
View this Location
Back to Job Navigation (Map)
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed JobsView All Jobs
– Manager Software Engineering Dallas,Texas
– Software Engineer – 2019 University Grad Dallas,Texas
– Software Engineer II Dallas,Texas
– Senior Software Engineer Dallas,Texas
– Software Engineer II Dallas,Texas
View All Jobs
Back to Job Navigation (Recent Jobs)
Sign up for Job Alerts
EmailCreate your Job AlertSearch for a category and select one from the list of suggestions. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click Add to create your job alert. *These fields are required.
– Engineering, Dallas, Texas, United StatesRemove
– Software Engineer, Dallas, Texas, United StatesRemove
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disability Assistance (Requests on your application status will not receive replies.)
Cox is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including any job seeker with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to (***************************).In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and the requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
If you are having technical issues with your application, please email (***************************)
EEO is the Law Notice E-Verify
Cox in the E-verify program. Link to e-verify poster.
Right to work in English and Spanish
******************* is the only official website for employment opportunities with Cox Enterprises and its affiliates. Applications for employment on any other website will not be considered. Cox does not hold online interviews on social media sites such as Google hangouts. If you have been requested to apply for an employment opportunity other than through *******************, or, if you have sought out career opportunities with Cox and found a different website in your search, you should NOT submit your application, nor should you provide any personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution information, driver’s license number or passport information.
Cox Media Group
– Join Our Talent Community
2018 Cox Enterprises, Inc
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.