Engineering – All
A leader in global irrigation and innovating The Intelligent Use of
Water, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our team.
As part of Rain Bird’s Controls division, the Senior Software
Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of
a multi-user, cloud-based product and the implementation of Web-based
software product enhancements.
Rain Bird’s Controls division is a multi-disciplinary engineering and
production team. We make irrigation controllers for a variety of
applications using creative and innovative state of the art
engineering methods. Our diverse group is comprised of self-motivated
people who are excited to share their expertise in various engineering
specialties, such as Mechanical, Electronics, Firmware, Software, and
* Design of software for central control of networked irrigation
systems in geographically diverse areas
* Design and development of advanced irrigation control algorithms
* Development of virtualized cloud systems for centralizing control
of multiple irrigation sites located around the world
* Development of both cloud-based systems and customer hosted
systems hosted by Windows IIS
* Development of .Net business objects to fulfill product
requirements and Unit Tests to validate the business logic
* Work with the Quality Assurance group to identify and fix defects
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong technical abilities
with the following qualifications:
* BSCS, BSEE, or equivalent from an accredited university
* Excellent communication and team skills
* 8+ years of software engineering experience including experience
with Web development, Windows user interface implementation,
service development, and Internet communication technologies
* Proficient with C#, .NET, ******* MVC, and Windows Forms
* Demonstrated on-time delivery of commercial software systems
* WCF, SOA, and SQL Server
* Experience with Perforce
* NUnit or other Unit Testing experience
* Cloud Development experience
* Experience with writing Windows code for communication interfaces
with embedded firmware systems
Get to know us:
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We
craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes,
golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating
for the Intelligent Use of Water.
An example of our amazing products is the ESP-TM2 Controller, which
was released in the Spring of 2017. This controller is quickly gaining
market share and our customers are telling us that the easy-to-use app
and Wi-Fi functionality is exceeding expectations since it ensures
customers can control their watering systems from anywhere. As a team,
we are continuously working on several controller projects for both
large and small-scale irrigation systems.
Rain Bird is and Equal Opportunity Employer
for this job onlineShareRefer this job to a friendReferSorry
the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later.Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.