Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risks. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs while safely embracing business imperatives including big data, BYOD and social media. More than two million businesses are enrolled in the Trustwave TrustKeeper cloud platform, through which Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective data protection, risk management and threat intelligence.
Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit *****************.
Trustwave, a leader in cloud-based compliance and information security solutions, announces an opening for a Senior Software Engineer to join Trustwave’s Product Engineering Team in Chicago.
– Develop the software solutions needed to evolve our distributed vulnerability scanning product
– Program, build and distribute software in a cross-platform environment (Linux, Windows)
– Build software installers, bring up VMs and test installs.
– Collaborate with cross functional teams to validate and test solutions.
– Work with stakeholders to support deployed products in the field and chase down complex customer escalations.
– Extensive experience building enterprise applications with dynamic programming languages – Ruby preferred but Python is ok as well
– Strong object-oriented design and programming required
– Strong experience working with Linux including, compiling and distributing software using package management tools such as apt, rpm or yum
– Familiarity with Java including experience with leading open source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate and JUnit is a plus
– Familiarity with Agile/iterative development methodologies (XP, SCRUM, etc.)
– Ability to work with distributed teams in a dynamic, iterative development process
– A background in DevOps is welcome in this inherently multidisciplinary environment.
– Curiosity and the ability to learn quickly are paramount skills.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Familiarity with the security industry is desirable.
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.