Senior Software Engineer
Location: Fulton, Maryland, US
Area of Interest Engineer – Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Security
Job Id *******
Job Description: Senior Software Engineer
Cisco is a dynamic environment that inspires employees to create opportunities by honing their talents and skills every day. Employees are self-motivated, results driven and engaged. We recognize and reward quality results and commitment to our company’s purposes and principles.
We are looking for a Mid-level/Senior Software Engineer to work on Cisco’s Application Detection Team. Major responsibilities include to help the support of our current application identification ad firewall capabilities of our next generation firewall, and work on the upcoming features of our roadmap. The position has to be for engineers that have experience with Test Driven Development, unit tests and some automation. Hiring for our Fulton, MD location, open to relocation within the US.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
– Minimum of 4-7 years C/C++ software development.
– Development experience with Linux/Unix platforms.
– Working experience and clear understanding of different Network Protocols.
– Team player
– Firewall experience support
– Agile Scrum methodology
– Test Driven Development
– Testing Automation experience
– IDS, IPS technologies and products
– Maintain the day to day operations for application and firewall related issues.
– Add new features and capabilities in the firewall.
– Update/create new manuals and design documents for any of the new features.
– Create the appropriate testing and automation scripts for the new features.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.