Requisition Number: SS-14700
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Brand/Division: Shared Services
Position Type: Full-time
About Outward, Inc.
Outward, Inc. is based in San Jose, CA and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Williams Sonoma, Inc.
At Outward Inc. our vision is to ‘lower the friction’ with regards to all aspects of the customer journey for our parent company and our retail customers. We do this by offering new technology solutions that enable new experiences and top-notch visualizations of their products. We are continuously pushing the boundaries of how 3D and AR/ VR technologies will drive the next generation shopping experience.
Through our portfolio of premium lifestyle brands our mission is to deepen consumer connections with the products that matter and deliver an innovative experience.
We are positioned as a technology leader in the visual merchandising space for retail, with a focus on improving customer experiences with next-generation product visualizations.
Come and join a growing team of engineers as we solve technological riddles and push the envelope of what can be done on the web! ( ****************** )
* Work with Engineers, Product Owners, and Designers to understand their data needs
* Automate frequently requested analyses using Python
* Evaluate and define critical business metrics and identify new levers to help move these metrics
* Design and evaluate A/B experiments
* Monitor key product metrics and identify root causes behind anomalies
* Build and analyze dashboards and reports
* Influence product teams through a presentation of data-based recommendations
* Communicate state of business and experiment results to product teams
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelors of science degree or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years of Java/Clojure/Scala development experience OR 5+ years of Python and/or Ruby development experience
* 5+ years of SQL (Hive, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL) experience
* 2+ years of XML (MarkLogic, eXist-db) experience
* Professional experience with ingesting XML/JSON data and .csv data
* 2+ years of experience with Apache Spark (Spark Native and/or pySpark)
* 2+ years of experience with AWS services like lambda, Cloud Formation, RDS, EC2, IAM
* 5+ years of experience designing REST APIs/GraphQL Schemas
* 5+ years of experience with data visualization and data-mining
* Experience analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
* Experience initiating and driving projects to completion while mentoring junior team members
* Experience with AWS services like lambda, Cloud Formation, RDS, EC2, IAM, DynamoDB, RedShift, Athena, Glue
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Developer, Software Engineer, Oracle, Database, Merchandising, Technology, Engineering, Retail
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.