What you'll do…
Build the possibilities.
We're growing our technology team and are searching for a Senior Software Engineer to help us modernize our software architecture. When you join us, you'll use your technical expertise to design, develop, and maintain software components and products that support H&R Block business applications and transform our technology. You'll serve as the lead role for day-to-day functional tasks in the team, developer support, and maintaining the development environment. Ready to innovate and solve problems in new ways? Join us.
What you'll do as a Senior Software Engineer…
- Use tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to develop new product features and maintain year over year product functionality and enhancements
- Create and execute unit tests and addresses defects
- Work closely with the QA, UX and other related teams to ensure consistent understanding of requirements and approach
- Assist in planning and implementation of a strategic direction for the product
- Identify product design features to support scalability, usability and better performance
- Assist and drive technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and maintenance work delivered by the development team
- Understand complex business and functional requirements and produce technical specifications and product requirements
- You'll also mentor and coach other team members on the latest technological advances within the current technology used and establish consistent best practices
It would be even better if you also had…
- Experience in agile methodologies.
- Experience developing and maintaining CICD pipelines
- Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals, Microsoft Certified Azure Developer, Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator, Azure DevOps Engineer Certification
What you'll bring to the team…
- 5 years Minimum related work experience
- 5-8 years' minimum related work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering / related field or equivalent industry experience
- 5-8 years' experience developing, debugging, and maintaining code in C# and SQL
- 3-5 years' experience in SQL Server databases is strongly preferred
- 3-5 years' experience in Angular JS
- Experience working agile and DevOps mindset.
- 2- 4 years' experience in cloud services (Azure) is preferred
- Experience working in a shared service, hybrid environments
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in meeting team needs
- Ability to ramp up quickly in an evolving and challenging role
- Well-honed troubleshooting skills at various levels of complexity
- Ability to demonstrate behaviors in line with our culture such as:
- Craving and solving difficult problems
- Taking calculated risks
- Being resilient
- Embracing diversity of thought to drive enriched client experiences
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.