Cloud Software Engineer – SR to support the IT Lifecycle Center’s efforts to transition enterprise Air Force applications to the Milcloud. The successful candidate will have experience administering, operating and supporting applications and systems migrating to the cloud environment. PaaS environment built on VMWare, vCloud Director, OpenShift suite and optionally CEMS/CONS3RT.
Providing support to USAF customers desiring to migrate their development, test, pre-production and production software and system environments from legacy Capabilities Integration Environment (CIE) and DISA Production environments to Milcloud.
– Operations and maintenance of current pre-production (development, test, and preproduction staging environments) and production systems in unclassified and classified environments;
– Participate in regular design, architecture and engineering discussions including code reviews
– Apply application level updates to any affected system in support of vulnerability management program
– Monitor systems – remediate run-time issues, assure security posture of production system;
– Define, maintain, and implement operational processes germane to the application system and relevant environments;
– Provide support to assist those programs and projects relying on Milcloud services to integrate Milcloud into their native IT processes and existing tools;
– Provide operational application support to Application Developers in support of isolating or determining reported problems;
– Provide guidance/recommendations to the PMO and Configuration Control Board (CCB) on readiness to deploy changes to various operating environments that can impact schedule or performance;
– Perform as a stakeholder with engineering design, development, and integration for customer application environments.
– Analyzes complex engineering change proposals to determine the effect on the overall system.
– Ensures configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness, proper authorizations, and system updates.
– Participates in special projects as required
– Minimum 3 years of experience in software development
– Possess VMWare or vCloud certification
– Minimum 5 years of VMWare experience
– Possess a current Security + Certification
– Secret Clearance
Maxwell AFB, AL, Alabama, United States
US Citizenship Required
Clearance Level Required
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.