Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies including 99% of the Fortune 500 have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only what is happening, but why. SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer with at least 12-15 years of experience. Our ideal candidate has a real passion for solving complex and interesting problems and who also cares about who we’re solving these problems for. We work closely with our product owners and our customers, iterating quickly to ensure we build the best solution for our users.
– Top-to-bottom ownership of new features, including crafting technical specs, writing readable and extensible code, and keeping tabs on post-release metrics.
– Take the respondent experience to the next level and grow it in new markets (international) and devices (mobile)
– Investigate and address issues with performance, scalability, and maintainability
– Build observable systems that track important metrics and automatically notifies when something is off
– Participate in code reviews
– Mentor and guide engineers on best practises
Skills & Experience
– In-depth, hands-on knowledge of Python and experience working with the relevant tools
– Develop and optimize front-end UI functionality to ensure web applications are rendered consistently and efficiently in cross-browser and cross-devices environment and in international markets.
– Strong communication skills to collaborate closely with peers, culture of code reviews and writing tech specs.
– Able to write efficient SQL queries and design schemas for relational databases
– Extensive experience with Unix/Linux environment for troubleshooting, profiling and performance tuning.
– Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
– Experience with Node.js, GraphQL
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.