• Be a part of the Technology team — in innovative Healthcare technology.
Humana is seeking a Senior Software Engineer, and this person will be responsible for developing and enhancing business applications and setting standardization for the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and debugging and develops fixes. Researches complaints and makes necessary adjustments and/or recommendations to resolve complex software related issues. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Work with architects to understand the current application architecture, and identify issues within it, including tracking technical debt
- Refine and/or redesign application architecture to meet the organization’s changing business requirements.
- Ensure the design meets the business service level agreements (SLAs) for availability and performance.
- Iteratively document and improve architectural approaches, service design, and development processes and approaches.
- Integrate each application solution into the broader business and IT ecosystem within which it will operate.
- Create and maintain application deliverables and artifacts (e.g. Process Specifications, System Context Diagrams, and Data Flow Diagrams).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 5 or more experience as a senior developer in large IT projects
- Prior project architect and/or team lead experience
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Experience with: SOA design and development, Back-end relational databases and SQL
- Security Architecture and DevOps
- Cloud based applications architecture
- Technologies in use within Humana’s Billing Systems
- .Net, C#.
- Experience in UX software such as Vue.js, Node.js, Angular.
- Knowledge of Angular, React and Vue Frameworks.
- Understanding of SOLID design principles (plugins, node packages, etc.)
- Experienced in building responsive UI
- Proficiency using Git version control.
- Experience in DataPower, IIB, Message Broker, WebSphere MQ, zOS connect and API connect
- Application architectural diagramming.
- Unit testing and mocking
- Source control use and strategies
- Collaborated with team on implementing new features in an agile environment.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Prior experience in the healthcare industry
- Prior experience with billing or enrollment systems
- Knowledge of accounting systems and financial processes & controls.
- WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25×10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
- Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.